Mandrake, Cups, Brother HL-1440 and Trailer Pages on Speedstream s2614 router/print server

Mandrake, Cups, Brother HL-1440 and Trailer Pages on Speedstream s2614 router/print server

Post by D.R » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:36:08

I'm using Mandrake 8.2, and Brother HL-1440 attached to Speedstream
2614's router/print server.

The printer works o.k. using Cups, and "printer on remote lpd server".
IP assigned to the address of the router, and LPT1 as the printer name
(2614 doc is incorrect, listing the printer name as lp).  The problem
is that I get 2 extra sheets at the end of each job: 1 blank sheet,
and 1 "job trailer" sheet.  "Job trailer" sheet contains hostname
written across the top in ascii art, and the lines: "lpd: Job
Trailer", and "Date:" at the bottom of the page.

I turned the banner pages (before, after) off in CUPS web admin
(localhost:631), and also using xpp, but the trailer pages keep on
comming.

Any ideas on how to turn the trailer pages off?

HPdirect print server had a similar problem.  Solution was to telnet
into the print server and turn off the banner.  Unfortunatelly I
cannot telnet into the 2614, and there isn't much info on the 2614.

I suspect a problem with the software since the trailer pages do not
show up while printing in w2k.

I'll try connecting the printer directly to computer, and see if it
makes any difference.

thanks in advance

1. Should I get the Brother HL-1440 / Samsung ML-1210?

Hi,

I've been looking a getting a laser printer for a little while now. The selection in my area is pretty slim. The one's I like the most
is the Brother HL-1440 and the Samsung ML-1210. Both are said to work perfectly under linux according to www.linuxprinting.org.

I want to get a printer that will have complete functionality under linux. I don't want to spend a month tinkering with configurations.
I want a printer that works. So, could anyone with firsthand experience with these printer, give me their opinions.

Thanks
Adam

2. Jetadmin problem

3. Brother HL-1440 Problem !!!!! ! !

4. Raising the hard limit of max. fd

5. Brother HL-1440 printer(laser) o obsd.

6. Determining baud rates...

7. Is the Brother HL-1440 supported on Linux?

8. Getting Floppy Tape drives to work...

9. Brother 1440 Laser

10. CUPS, Samsung ML-1440, and ghostscript

11. Setting up Brother HL-1040 or HL-1050 laser printer

12. Brother HL-1050 vs HL-1060

13. Problems printing on a Brother HL-630