Caldera 2.4/RP-PPPoE

Post by MrGonz » Mon, 08 May 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know if the Roaring Penguin PPPoE client will work with Caldera's 2.4
distro?

TIA,

MrGonzo

Caldera 2.4/RP-PPPoE

Post by MrGonz » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

To answer my own question (if anyone else is curious)...

Just got Caldera 2.4 installed, and installed RP-PPPoE from the RPM.  Works
fine.

MrGonzo

Quote:> Anyone know if the Roaring Penguin PPPoE client will work with Caldera's
2.4
> distro?

> TIA,

> MrGonzo

1. RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7) problem, please help.

Hello,

I have a problem in RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7), please
help.

I am setting up linux server as NAT, which share t he internet
connection to the client PCs at home. I was using RH7.2 before and
there is no problem at all. My problem in RH8.0 is that: I setup
rp-pppoe (ifup ppp0) to run at startup of the machine. Basically, it
starts up without any problem at all. But, it never runs
/etc/ppp/ip-up. Which means that the ip masquerading process didn't
bring up at all. What I have to is to ssh to the server everytime
after the server boots up and run /etc/ppp/ip-up manually, before my
clients can use the internet connect. I realized that the
configurations files are quite different from the one that I was using
in 7.2, e.g it doesn't use /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf anymore, instated it
put all the information in
/etc/ppp/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0.

Anybody can give me some suggestions ?
Thanks
Bosco

2. Listening to Multiple Ports with iPlanet Web Server

3. rp-pppoe, kernel 2.4.x and DSL (PacBell)

4. neat NUKE NT animation

5. rp-pppoe and kernel 2.4 and wavelan2_cs

6. Creating a 2.0gb or larger disk partition in Sol. 2.x???

7. rp-pppoe 3.1 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

8. ppp with dip

9. rp-pppoe 3.3 -- Robust PPPoE client for Linux, NetBSD, and Solaris

10. SuSE 7.3 kernel pppoe vs. rp-pppoe

11. rp-pppoe 3.2 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

12. RP PPPoE and 2.4 kernel

13. Need explanation of LCP_INTERVAL and computing PPPOE_TIMEOUT w/ RP-PPPoE