Synchronizing a NT domain with NT 4.0 and Samba servers.

Synchronizing a NT domain with NT 4.0 and Samba servers.

Post by Martin Mcgrego » Wed, 15 May 2002 18:19:50

Hello,

Look i'm sorry for posting this again, i'm just kind of in need of help.

I'm in a bit of a pickle: I've got 2 Windows NT servers, 4 Samba
servers and they're all on different sites. At the moment the users
from each site are maintained on thier local server. Our users often
move around from site to site which is ok as they can authenticate
accross our VPN. The problem is if our link does go down they can't
log on anymore.

I understand Samba can't work as a BDC, but i'm hoping for some way of
replicating users and passwords accross from the Windows NT servers to
our Samba servers. It would also mean we could maintain all of our
user accounts from one single server and depend on 'whatever service'
to do the rest.

I would love to get rid of the NT servers, but that's not going to
happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin McGregor.

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. Random line from text file with bash

3. Samba : cannot access Samba server via NT Domain.

4. SCSI errors until the machine warms up! Help!

5. Samba als NT-Dom?nenserver für NT 4.0 Workstations

6. Newbie - Language settings

7. NTDOM: SAMBA: NT 3.51 / 4.0 Domains for UNIX.

8. funny change directory, look

9. pptp - obsd2.9 to nt domain, come in nt domain, over

10. How do I use my NT Domain ID from Linux box to NT Server?

11. NT server 4.0 with samba

12. Samba on NT domain, Unable to join domain

13. Samba 1.9.18p7 Win NT 4.0 SERVER, Master Browser Problem