Olicom GoCard

Post by Luis Fernando Llana D′ia » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

In my department thy have bought a Olicom GoCard Combo eth/Modem 336
PCMCIA card,
and I would like to install it in a HP Omnibook under Linux.
Does anybody know where can I find the drivers?

Thanks
       Luis.

Olicom GoCard

Post by Henrik Storn » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>In my department thy have bought a Olicom GoCard Combo eth/Modem 336
>PCMCIA card, and I would like to install it in a HP Omnibook under Linux.
>Does anybody know where can I find the drivers?

The modem part of the card should be fairly simple to setup - see the
PCMCIA Howto for instructions on how to make the pcmcia-cs software
recognize the card as having a modem.

The Ethernet part is worse; AFAIK there are currently no drivers for
the Olicom GoCard's (neither Ethernet nor Token-Ring). Olicom only
has Linux drivers for their PCI- and ISA-based Token-Ring cards.

--
Henrik Storner  |  "testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good,
                |   if it boots up it is perfect."
                |                                    Linus Torvalds

Olicom GoCard

Post by Jim Freem » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

>>In my department thy have bought a Olicom GoCard Combo eth/Modem 336
>>PCMCIA card, and I would like to install it in a HP Omnibook under Linux.
>>Does anybody know where can I find the drivers?
>The Ethernet part is worse; AFAIK there are currently no drivers for
>the Olicom GoCard's (neither Ethernet nor Token-Ring). Olicom only
>has Linux drivers for their PCI- and ISA-based Token-Ring cards.

At least some olicom cards are NetFlex/TLan -ish.  The 2.1.x kernel
includes some support for NetFlex/TLan cards, or source is available at
ftp://ftp.caldera.com/pub/stuff/tlan.tgz