portmapper problem...

Post by Piotr Trzecia » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi
I'm running a regular (pretty much) linux 2.0.3 setup with a small local
network. For some reason
portmapper fails to come up. When I try to start it manually with:
/sbin/rpc.portmap -d
I get a message about being unable to get UDP port, which is busy.
Any ideas?
Thanks for any help!!!

--
   Do Or Do Not. There Is No Try...

**************************************
*          Piotr Trzeciak            *

*   http://www2.*nex.net/~piotr  *
**************************************

1. portmapper problem

I am running Free SCO OpenServer 5.0.4.  Very recently I have noticed
a warning that appears during boot.

WARNING: portmapper on server is not responding

The message repeats itself several times.

The only thing I changed lately was the IP of the machine.

Is this causing the problem and if not any ideas on what could be?

Thanks in advance,
--Brad

2. Remote logins to Linux box from dtlogin ?

3. RPC Portmapper problems

4. How to make lpd printers use filters ?

5. reclusive portmapper; problems with 2 network interface machine

6. Looking small set of GTK apps

7. Portmapper problem

8. gethostbyaddr errors from netstat?

9. portmapper problem

10. portmapper problems

11. portmapper problem!!!

12. Portmapper problem when mounting a partition via NFS

13. Help with weird portmapper problem