connecting via ppp to two different sites with same IP's

connecting via ppp to two different sites with same IP's

Post by Bernard Willemo » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Can sound like a stupid question, but anyway...

I am using a linux-box as ppp dialout-server. On the linux-box, I have two
modem connected and can connect to 2 different sites simultaneously. Where
it goes wrong is when I want to connect to two LAN with the same
IP-addresses...

What I could have done in the first place is to change the IP-addresses on
the different sites in order to make them unique - but there are quite a lot
of sites and I don't want to disturb anything.

Another solution could be to use PAT on the sites where I am connecting too.
This is also not an easy solution for me as remote sites are running another
unix-OS which doesn't give me easy access to software which is doing the
translation of the addresses.

I am just posting this message to see if nobody has another idea about
something that could be done in order to overcome this problem. Can I do
something with subnetting, ip masquarading, etc...

Thanx in advance, BW.