Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

Post by UnaCode » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 03:17:42

I have a squid proxy configured on my home network server computer.  At
work I have to use the corporate proxy to access the internet.  Is it
possible / how do I tunnel through the corporate proxy to use my home
proxy?

Post by Douglas Mayn » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 03:55:07

> I have a squid proxy configured on my home network server computer.  At
> work I have to use the corporate proxy to access the internet.  Is it
> possible / how do I tunnel through the corporate proxy to use my home
> proxy?

If you have agreed to work at your place of employment in exchange for
wages and other considerations, then abide by the office rules.  If the
rules are unteneble, explain your objections in your letter of
resignation.

No one should be forcing you to work for anyone.  If you are being
forced, then report this abuse of personal freedom instead of worrying
about trivialities such as this.

--
Douglas Mayne

Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

Post by UnaCode » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:01:57

This is not an answer to the question asked.  Thank you for your
opinion,  but I have a different point of view.

Post by Douglas Mayn » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:30:08

> This is not an answer to the question asked.  Thank you for your
> opinion,  but I have a different point of view.

It appears you are posting from a bank.  From what I've heard they
have pretty good security, inside and and out.

--
Russell: You know, there's a strip search before you get on the bus.
Elmo: Really?

Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

Post by UnaCode » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:58:37

Good security, but they won't block connections to my ip at home...
anyways that's besides the point.  You seem to be taking a special
intrest in this and I don't know why you care.

Perhaps some one else will post a more informative answer, one that
addresses the question asked.

Post by Douglas Mayn » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 05:06:36

> Good security, but they won't block connections to my ip at home...
> anyways that's besides the point.  You seem to be taking a special
> intrest in this and I don't know why you care.

> Perhaps some one else will post a more informative answer, one that
> addresses the question asked.

You're a smart guy- I'm sure you can figure this out by yourself.
You'll also be able to stay ahead of Pinkerton's men.

--
Butch: Maybe there's a way to make a profit in this. Bet on Logan.
Sundance Kid: I would, but who'd bet on you?

Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

Post by UnaCode » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 05:53:24

That's why I'll throw in some SSL when I get this working ;-)

That won't do me much good though, they have a screen monitoring
program too

1. Proxy server to another proxy server

How can I configure Apache's proxy function to use another proxy
server?  I sit behind a corporate firewall/proxy and want to first
cache the files at my Linux server before using the corporate proxy
server.  I know it sounds weird but it is what I want to do.

Is this possible?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Need a Mailing List Processor/Server

3. Want Linux to USE a proxy server not BE a proxy server

4. Mounting root filesystem read-only

5. Web Server behind a Proxy Server

6. Help Wanted

7. Using Linux behind a MS Proxy Server

8. Question about burning a new RH5.1 CD

9. Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

10. Proxy Client for M$ Proxy server

11. HTTP proxy and proxy server

12. socks proxy client on linux and ms proxy server

13. NS Proxy Server Automatic Proxy Configuration??