Urgent Help Required Regarding A Chat Program,PLEASE HELP,PLEASE

Urgent Help Required Regarding A Chat Program,PLEASE HELP,PLEASE

Post by Babuson » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:16:21

        I have a dial up Internet connection. That means each time I
log on to the net I get a dynamic IP address. I got an assignment of
making a chat program in Linux platform. I made a server and a client
program using message queue. The server can accommodate many clients at
a time and the clients can chat between them though all the programs
must run in one machine.

        I want to that if when I am connected to the Internet and run the
server program on my computer. Can my friends who are also using dial
up ppp connection access my server and chat among themselves using my
client program. Just like yahoo messenger. Obviously I will change my
program and implement it using sockets.

        Can I do this? If not then why? If yes then give me some idea about
it.
        Please someone help me. It is very urgent.

1. Urgent Help Required Regarding A Chat Program,PLEASE HELP

        I have a dial up Internet connection. That means each time I log on to
the net I get a dynamic IP address. I got an assignment of making a
chat program in Linux platform. I made a server and a client program
using message queue. The server can accommodate many clients at a time
and the clients can chat between them though all the programs must run
in one machine.

        I want to know that when I am connected to the Internet and I am
running the server program on my computer can my friends who are also
using dial up ppp connection access my server and chat among themselves
using my client program. Just like yahoo messenger. Obviously I will
change my program and implement it using sockets.

        Can I do this? If not then why? If yes then give me some idea about
it.
        Please someone help me. It is very urgent.

2. Preventing Control-C in login file.

3. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

4. Using linux .htpasswd file in bsd

5. DECAlpha box halted on startup Urgent help required please!

6. Segmentation Fault errors when running pine/olvwm...

7. URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE

8. FA: 32 MEG TNT2 LOOK!

9. URGENT Help Required Please

10. Urgent Help required please.

11. DECAlpha box halted on startup Urgent help required please!

13. NFS please help me please please please sniff