Ever since I installed RH 5.1 when I connect to an NT Server modem
port and authenticate with PAP/CHAP the physical line connection stays
up as before (5.0) but any telnet session to Unix machines on the same
network time out on inactivity in predictably 2 minutes and 10
seconds. Since I had no such problems prior to 5.1 I'm wondering why
this is a different animal. Also it does not help to ping the same
server on a 10 second interval -- the ping keeps on going but again
any telnet session times out.
Would be glad to supply any additional info. I realize that this is
pretty sketchy but I'm not sure what sort of info would assist.