Linux newbie has problem with ftp/networking

Linux newbie has problem with ftp/networking

Post by Jason Mille » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello-

I have installed RH5.0 and configured my network card.  It is a 3c509b and
is detected and comes up
properly.  The problem is with ftp'ing.  I have an ISDN router which uses
NAT and works flawlessly on the
network.  It is configured with an internal address of 10.0.1.254/24 and my
Linux box is at 10.0.1.253/24  I can
ping this as my default gateway and also initiate an ftp session with any
host on the 'net.  The problem is that the session seems to die after the
second or third command issued to the ftp host.  I can kill the ftp session
and reinitiate with no problem, but am lost as to what is happening.

TIA,

Jason

1. Newbie having network problems

Hello all,

A newbie have problems connecting to Win2K from RH 7.1 and Win2K to RH 7.1.

I am able to connect to the Win2K machine using:
 (smbclient //NETBIOS_NAME_OF_WIN2K/SHARENAME -U <username_on_win2K_box>)

I am using the KDE desktop and would like to be able to browse the network
using Konqueror. When I try to browse the network using Konqueror I get the
error message "Cannot connect to host localhost."

Any ideas?

Again, thanks for the help!

Tim

2. What makes libc "abort()"?

3. Linux networking newbie - netboot FTP install problem

4. Linux box on Novell Network????

5. Newbie having troubl calling FTP from script

6. NYC LOCAL: GNUbies meet Wednesday 9 May 2001: Sulzberger on learning to program a Free Operating System

7. Help Me, Newbie to linux having wierd problem

8. print 2 pages in a single sheet

9. NEWBIE: Having problem with Caldera Linux Installation

10. Newbie having trouble with sound and network cards

11. linux box having network problems

12. Linux wannabie having network problems

13. Having problems with (Red Hat) Linux 7.1 on network