Gateway Configuration

Post by RiffRaf » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am wanting to use a Linux box as a internet gateway for my 98 machine. So
far both sides see the other but when I try and go out to the net on my 98
box it craps out with no response past the second network card in the
gateway machine. Can ANYONE help me as I can't seem to get a answer to this

Grant Aeschliman

Gateway Configuration

Post by Andrew Taylo » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Have you set your gateway on your Windows box ?

If you have it can only be one of the following :

1) Routing on your Linux box with ipfwadm - Unlikley if you've got access to
the internal network.

2) Is IP Forwading enabled ? Check on boot up.

3) Is your routing table OK ? (route)

Andy

>I am wanting to use a Linux box as a internet gateway for my 98 machine. So
>far both sides see the other but when I try and go out to the net on my 98
>box it craps out with no response past the second network card in the
>gateway machine. Can ANYONE help me as I can't seem to get a answer to this

>Grant Aeschliman

Gateway Configuration

Post by Ima Maroo » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Put your isp's DNS in the DNS location in the network control panel.

--
Ima Maroon

> I am wanting to use a Linux box as a internet gateway for my 98 machine.
So
> far both sides see the other but when I try and go out to the net on my
98
> box it craps out with no response past the second network card in the
> gateway machine. Can ANYONE help me as I can't seem to get a answer to
this

> Grant Aeschliman

1. how to save the gateway configuration when there are more than 1 gateway?

if a sun box has 2 nic cards, and will use the backend firewall IP as the
gateway to the backend network, and use the front end firewall IP as the
default gateway.

The current routes are added as:
route add 192.168.17.0 192.168.17.254 1
route add default 192.168.16.1    1

how can I keep this config after rebooting the machine? and which one should
I place in /etc/defaultrouters?

Thanks?

2. HELP .. REDHAT 5.2 which RPM has stdio.h and all the others basic dot h's ?

3. Gateway configuration help??

4. RH 5.2 Partition/FileSystem Trouble Help

5. gateway configuration

6. LINUX and Adaptec 1542 C

7. DNS and gateway configuration

8. Modem intolerably slow

9. Solaris 2.5.1 : DNS and routing via gateway configuration

10. Question on gateway configuration

11. TCP/IP Gateway Configuration Question

12. Gateway Configuration Problem

13. default gateway configuration slows down inetd