tcp_deferred_ack_interval - TCP parameter Outlook dealy problem

tcp_deferred_ack_interval - TCP parameter Outlook dealy problem

Post by SC » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:35:32

We have Sun servers running Solaris 8.
We have a problem with MS outlook or outlook express sending email
with a large attachment.
It takes much more time compared to other mailer software like Eudora.
For example, Outlook took almost 1 minutes sending 3MB attachmet.
Eurora only took 6 seconds sending.
We talked Microsoft engineer that they said there is overhead.
Outlook has to get an ACK for each frame it sends out.
We changed tcp_deferred_ack_interval from default value 100
milliseconds to 10 milliseconds. Time dramatically reduced from 1
minute to 9 seconds.
But we are not sure we can change this parameter.
or If we can change, what is recommended value for this parameter? or
If changed 10 milliseconds, is there any potential problem we will
encounter?
Please give us some idea.

1. Create TCP syn packet with given seq num and few other TCP parameters

Hi All,
Can somebody please tell me how can i create a TCP syn packet  with
given seq number  and few other para meters set  with value provided by
my code ??
This is to be done from my kernel module which inserts its hooks using
Netfilter.
I looked at tcp_output.c and few other files but there doesn't seem to
be a very clean interface
which i can directly use from my module .

Can somebody point me the to way in which this should be done without
much efforts ??
I mean somebody must have done similar kind of thing . Is there
something i can use directly ??

Regards,
Rohit

2. Kdesktop looping then fail

3. So IE5/Outlook/Outlook Express will all execute attachments

4. uninstall

5. wget dealy between download files

6. 2.5.72-mjb1

7. How to modify TCP parameters ?

8. Executing commands on remote PCs ?

9. TCP congestion stats + performance tuning parameters

10. TCP/IP KeepAlive parameter

11. TCP Tuneable Parameters

12. TCP Parameters and values