IP Masq (works) and ICQ (!@#$% doesn't work)

Post by Michael John Pohores » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have IP masquerading setup on my linux box.  Works great.

My problem is that I use ICQ on my NT box, and can't
chat with people, since ICQ can't make a direct connection.

I've tried setting up a SOCKS5 server on my Linux box,
(I got one from www.socks.nec.com and it compiled fine.)

When I try the built in ICQ firewall test with SOCKS5,
ICQ takes 5 min to report succes.

Has anyone used SOCKS5 with ICQ?

I've allso tried ICQ to use the default firewall
with TCP ports 2000-4000, which allows me to see when people are online,
but the chat still doesn't work.

Please email.

"Life's not too short, you've been dead for too long!"
   -- Anonymous

IP Masq (works) and ICQ (!@#$% doesn't work)

Post by Jerry Bogg » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Check out http://dijon.nais.com/~nevo/masq/.  Do a search for ICQ and it
will tell you how to setup your linux box.  Hint: it involves ipautofw.

>I have IP masquerading setup on my linux box.  Works great.

>My problem is that I use ICQ on my NT box, and can't
>chat with people, since ICQ can't make a direct connection.

1. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!

Hello guys,

I have a machine with two interfaces, each connected to
a gateway. This two gateways are then connected to a common
network and I want to ping another router in that network over
the two interfaces.

Looks like this:
                        Gateway 1
                           ----
               ------------|  |------------
              | Subnet A   ----            |
            ----
Machine    |  |                Subnet C   Router
            ----
              | Subnet B   ----            |
               ------------|  |------------
                           ----
                        Gateway 2

Now if I type following on my machine it doesn't work:

ping -g 'IP in Subnet A of Gateway 1' 'Router-IP-address'

But if I do a ping (Defaultgateway is 'IP in Subnet A of Gateway 1'
(without -g) it works fine:

ping 'Router-IP-address'

Can someone give me a hint? Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Walter

2. How to find ethernet-id?

3. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

4. UDMA66 & OpenLinux

5. ip masq - http doesn't work - telnet does

6. unreadable binary

7. DNS through IP Masq doesn't work

8. RedHat 5.0 and FTP Installation Problems

9. Kernel 2.2 IP MASQ NET doesn't work (SuSEFirewall)

10. Debian+diald+ip masq doesn't work.

11. IP Masq with Kernel 2.1 doesn't work at all

12. ftp doesn't work w/IP masq

13. after rebooting my ip masq doesn't work