ppp connection problem

ppp connection problem

Post by GodMa » Wed, 02 May 2001 19:28:55



I've got problem with connecting to Internet from my RedHat 7.0, someone,
asked me for copies of ppp debug messages, so there they are:
The dialing window looks like that:
vDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
Initializing modem.
Sending: ATZ
ATZ

OK
Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0

OK
Sending: ATM0
ATM0

OK
Modem initialized.
Sending: ATDT 4444444
Waiting for carrier.
ATDT 4444444

CONNECT 57600
~ }#@!}!L}
+}!}$}&@}%}&Hd[D}"}&} } } } }1}$}&@}7}$}!Z} }"}#}$@#}3})}#}(} }#})}(?
k~Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
~ }#@!}!M}
+}!}$}&@}%}&Hd[D}"}&} } } } }1}$}&@}7}$}!Z} }"}#}$@#}3})}#}(} }#})}(?!I~PPP
negotiation detected.
Starting pppd at Tue May  1 10:06:27 2001
And here I can wait and wait and the 'Dialing...' window doesn't want to
disappear...
Here are the ppp debug messages(I had to press cancel in that 'Dialing...'
window so that's why there is 'Cancelled by user':
May  1 10:04:23 866 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
May  1 10:04:23 866 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-0-3
May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: Using interface ppp0
May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0
May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0>
<magic 0xe602a0ba> <pcomp> <accomp>]
May  1 10:04:58 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <pcomp> <accomp>]
May  1 10:04:58 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
<magic 0xe602a0ba>]
May  1 10:04:58 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
<magic 0xe602a0ba>]
May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcb <mru 1600> <magic
0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 00 dd> < 00 02> <auth pap>
< 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0xcb < 11 04 06 40> <
17 04 00 dd> < 00 02> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcc <mru 1600> <magic
0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfAck id=0xcc <mru 1600> <magic
0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="op96m929"
password=<hidden>]
May  1 10:05:02 866 pppd[1378]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x2 user="op96m929"
password=<hidden>]
May  1 10:05:03 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [PAP AuthAck id=0x2 "Access permitted
for user \"op96m929\"\r\n"]
May  1 10:05:03 866 pppd[1378]: Remote message: Access permitted for user
"op96m929"^M^J
May  1 10:05:03 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0>
<compress VJ 0f 01>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15>
<deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr
195.114.187.3>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 <addr
195.114.187.3>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x43]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [CCP ConfAck id=0x43]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f
01>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <addr 0.0.0.0>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <deflate 15>
<deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x2]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x2 <addr
195.114.185.243>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3 <addr
195.114.185.243>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP ConfAck id=0x2]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfAck id=0x3 <addr
195.114.185.243>]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: not replacing existing default route to eth0
[192.168.1.254]
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: local  IP address 195.114.185.243
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: remote IP address 195.114.187.3
May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up started (pid 1382)
May  1 10:05:05 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 1382),
status = 0x0
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Terminating on signal 15.
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down started (pid 1392)
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "User request"]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x1]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP TermReq id=0x2]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x2b]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP TermAck id=0x2b]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcd <mru 1600> <magic
0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 00 dd> < 00 02> <auth pap>
< 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x3 "User request"]
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Connection terminated.
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Connect time 0.2 minutes.
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Sent 370 bytes, received 366 bytes.
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Waiting for 1 child processes...
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]:   script /etc/ppp/ip-down, pid 1392
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down finished (pid 1392),
status = 0x0
May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Exit.
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: Using interface ppp0
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0>
<magic 0x310026a> <pcomp> <accomp>]
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <pcomp> <accomp>]
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
<magic 0x310026a>]
May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
<magic 0x310026a>]
May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xce <mru 1600> <magic
0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 01 5a> < 00 02> <auth pap>
< 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0xce < 11 04 06 40> <
17 04 01 5a> < 00 02> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcf <mru 1600> <magic
0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfAck id=0xcf <mru 1600> <magic
0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="op96m929"
password=<hidden>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x2 user="op96m929"
password=<hidden>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [PAP AuthAck id=0x2 "Access permitted
for user \"op96m929\"\r\n"]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: Remote message: Access permitted for user
"op96m929"^M^J
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0>
<compress VJ 0f 01>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15>
<deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr
195.114.187.3>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 <addr
195.114.187.3>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x47]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [CCP ConfAck id=0x47]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f
01>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <addr 0.0.0.0>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <deflate 15>
<deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x2]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x2 <addr
195.114.185.247>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3 <addr
195.114.185.247>]
May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP ConfAck id=0x2]
May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfAck id=0x3 <addr
195.114.185.247>]
May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: not replacing existing default route to eth0
[192.168.1.254]
May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: local  IP address 195.114.185.247
May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: remote IP address 195.114.187.3
May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up started (pid 1403)
May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 1403),
status = 0x0
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Terminating on signal 15.
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down started (pid 1413)
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "User request"]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down finished (pid 1413),
status = 0x0
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x1]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP TermReq id=0x2]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x2c]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP TermAck id=0x2c]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xd0 <mru 1600> <magic
0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 01 5a> < 00 02> <auth pap>
< 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x3 "User request"]
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Connection terminated.
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Connect time 0.9 minutes.
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Sent 375 bytes, received 363 bytes.
May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Exit.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,
GodMan

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Dean Thompso » Wed, 02 May 2001 20:45:02


Hi!,

Quote:> I've got problem with connecting to Internet from my RedHat 7.0, someone,
> asked me for copies of ppp debug messages, so there they are:

[...]

Just out of interest, your log files say that you currently have a "default
route" in place for a 192.168.0.254 network.  If you are dialing to the
internet to get your outside line you might like to make sure that your ppp
options file has got the "defaultroute" keyword in it and that there is no
default route in existence for your 192.168.0.x network.  You may have to
remove the lines "GATEWAY" and "GATEWAYDEV" in the /etc/sysconfig/network
file.  This file specifies the default route for your machine.

It is possible (and I am not sure here) that PPP terminates the connection
because it is told to establish a default route but it can't because there is
already a default route in place.

Additionally, have you checked the PPP-HOWTO document which is located at
http://www.linuxdoc.org.

See ya

Dean Thompson

--
+____________________________+____________________________________________+

| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |
+----------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by GodMa » Wed, 02 May 2001 22:41:14


Sorry, but that doesn't helped...Have you got any other ideas(I've typed
'route delete default' also...)


Quote:

> Hi!,

> > I've got problem with connecting to Internet from my RedHat 7.0,
someone,
> > asked me for copies of ppp debug messages, so there they are:

> [...]

> Just out of interest, your log files say that you currently have a
"default
> route" in place for a 192.168.0.254 network.  If you are dialing to the
> internet to get your outside line you might like to make sure that your
ppp
> options file has got the "defaultroute" keyword in it and that there is no
> default route in existence for your 192.168.0.x network.  You may have to
> remove the lines "GATEWAY" and "GATEWAYDEV" in the /etc/sysconfig/network
> file.  This file specifies the default route for your machine.

> It is possible (and I am not sure here) that PPP terminates the connection
> because it is told to establish a default route but it can't because there
is
> already a default route in place.

> Additionally, have you checked the PPP-HOWTO document which is located at
> http://www.linuxdoc.org.

> See ya

> Dean Thompson

> --

+____________________________+____________________________________________+

|
> | Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180
|
> | PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>
|
> | School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)
|
> | MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077
|
> | Melbourne, Australia       |
|

+----------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Dean Thompso » Wed, 02 May 2001 22:45:31


Hi!,

Quote:> Sorry, but that doesn't helped...Have you got any other ideas(I've typed
> 'route delete default' also...)

Providing that the route has been deleted before the PPP is started, you might
like to try and upgrade your version of PPP and see whether or not that makes
a difference.  It seems to me that you get your IP address from the remote
end, but then for some reason a termination signal is sent to PPP to close the
connection.

See ya

Dean Thompson

--
+____________________________+____________________________________________+

| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |
+----------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Clifford Kit » Wed, 02 May 2001 23:15:04



> I've got problem with connecting to Internet from my RedHat 7.0,
> someone, asked me for copies of ppp debug messages, so there they
> are: The dialing window looks like that: vDial: Internet dialer
> version 1.41

I don't use frontends to pppd so vDial is an unknown, but nevertheless
the PPP negotiations show that a good PPP link was established.  The
peer PPP implementation has some idiosyncracies but nothing fatal.

You have a default route for a local network though.  Pppd won't replace
that default route with one for the PPP interface, even with the pppd
defaultroute option.  The default route to the local network is almost
certainly not necessary, so reconfigure networking to eliminate it and
the "dialing window" might disappear.  Even if it doesn't, pppd will set
a default route through the PPP interface and you should have a viable
link to the Internet.

--

/* The wealth of a nation is created by the productive labor of its
 * citizens. */

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by GodMa » Thu, 03 May 2001 02:10:13


I have deleted the default route (route delete default) and it still doesn't
want to work...



> > I've got problem with connecting to Internet from my RedHat 7.0,
> > someone, asked me for copies of ppp debug messages, so there they
> > are: The dialing window looks like that: vDial: Internet dialer
> > version 1.41

> I don't use frontends to pppd so vDial is an unknown, but nevertheless
> the PPP negotiations show that a good PPP link was established.  The
> peer PPP implementation has some idiosyncracies but nothing fatal.

> You have a default route for a local network though.  Pppd won't replace
> that default route with one for the PPP interface, even with the pppd
> defaultroute option.  The default route to the local network is almost
> certainly not necessary, so reconfigure networking to eliminate it and
> the "dialing window" might disappear.  Even if it doesn't, pppd will set
> a default route through the PPP interface and you should have a viable
> link to the Internet.

> --

> /* The wealth of a nation is created by the productive labor of its
>  * citizens. */

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Bill Unr » Thu, 03 May 2001 03:31:01



Quote:>195.114.185.243>]
>May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: not replacing existing default route to eth0
>[192.168.1.254]

This is the key line. You have an ethernet connected to the computer.
You ( or rather redhat) stupidly put a default route onto that ethernet.
Put
route del default
at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local
also run this command now as root. Things should now be fine.
 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Bill Unr » Thu, 03 May 2001 03:33:34



Quote:>I have deleted the default route (route delete default) and it still doesn't
>want to work...

type
route -n
If there is a line starting with 0.0.0.0 that is a default route.

You MUST delete the default route before you run ppp.
Note, if this still does not work, repost your debug messages.

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Clifford Kit » Thu, 03 May 2001 04:59:57



> I have deleted the default route (route delete default) and it
> still doesn't want to work...

Okay, tell us what "doesn't want to work" means other than the "Dialing...
window" doesn't go away.  What happens with "ping www.yahoo.com"
from another terminal or xterm window?  The exact message, if any,
and not hand copied.  Can you ping the peer by IP address (the second
IP address of the ifconfig output for the PPP interface?  Again, post
the exact message if any, or if it hangs seemingly forever then say so.

Has the message

May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: not replacing existing default route to eth0
[192.168.1.254]

gone away?

Repeating, the PPP negotiation messages you first posted showed a
successful PPP connection, but without a default route to the Internet.

BTW you can get rid of some useless PPP negotiations by adding the
pppd options novj, noaccomp, nopcomp, and noccp and have cleaner logs.
The peer PPP implementation doesn't have or want these options.

--

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by GodMa » Thu, 03 May 2001 18:31:45


I can't even ping anything....



> > I have deleted the default route (route delete default) and it
> > still doesn't want to work...

> Okay, tell us what "doesn't want to work" means other than the "Dialing...
> window" doesn't go away.  What happens with "ping www.yahoo.com"
> from another terminal or xterm window?  The exact message, if any,
> and not hand copied.  Can you ping the peer by IP address (the second
> IP address of the ifconfig output for the PPP interface?  Again, post
> the exact message if any, or if it hangs seemingly forever then say so.

> Has the message

> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: not replacing existing default route to
eth0
> [192.168.1.254]

> gone away?

> Repeating, the PPP negotiation messages you first posted showed a
> successful PPP connection, but without a default route to the Internet.

> BTW you can get rid of some useless PPP negotiations by adding the
> pppd options novj, noaccomp, nopcomp, and noccp and have cleaner logs.
> The peer PPP implementation doesn't have or want these options.

> --


 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Dean Thompso » Thu, 03 May 2001 18:31:53


Hi!,

Quote:> I can't even ping anything....

Is it possible to see your debug logs again and the /etc/ppp/options file that
you are using.  Hopefully, this time we won't see the error message relating
to the default route.

See ya

Dean Thompson

--
+____________________________+____________________________________________+

| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |
+----------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Clifford Kit » Thu, 03 May 2001 23:14:28



> I can't even ping anything....

That's not an answer to any question I asked.  If you are not going to
be responsive and provide the information we ask for then there can be
no help.

Please don't put responses to a post at the beginning of a reply, answer
each question in-line after the question.

--

/* Bluffing in a poker game can win big; bluffing in a newsgroup
   only attracts sharks. */

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by Bill Unr » Fri, 04 May 2001 01:34:07



Quote:>I can't even ping anything....

OK, once again. Please post the output of your logs once again. The last
time you did so, we discovered that you had a default route set up. You
now claim to have eliminated that problem ( although we have no evidence
that you have.) Please, if you want help, you MUST give us information.
If you just want to complain, let us know so we can stop trying to help
you.

Give us the ppp logs as you did last time
run
route -n
and post exactly what the output is

run
ifconfig -a
and post exactly what the output is.

Do NOT try to interpret them for us. Do NOT tell us what you think they
said. Post the exact outputs. Then we might have a hope of helping you.
Believe it or not, none of us are mind readers, nor can we intuit what
your machine is doing.

By the way, you might want to read
www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/ppp-linux.html
for a step by step debugging method.

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by GodMa » Fri, 04 May 2001 05:17:43


Ok, sorry, but I was really busy today, so I couldn't post it, I'll post it
as soon as I can!



> >I can't even ping anything....

> OK, once again. Please post the output of your logs once again. The last
> time you did so, we discovered that you had a default route set up. You
> now claim to have eliminated that problem ( although we have no evidence
> that you have.) Please, if you want help, you MUST give us information.
> If you just want to complain, let us know so we can stop trying to help
> you.

> Give us the ppp logs as you did last time
> run
> route -n
> and post exactly what the output is

> run
> ifconfig -a
> and post exactly what the output is.

> Do NOT try to interpret them for us. Do NOT tell us what you think they
> said. Post the exact outputs. Then we might have a hope of helping you.
> Believe it or not, none of us are mind readers, nor can we intuit what
> your machine is doing.

> By the way, you might want to read
> www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/ppp-linux.html
> for a step by step debugging method.

 
 
 

ppp connection problem

Post by GodMa » Sun, 06 May 2001 06:13:22


Sorry that you have to wait so long...I'll post all the information you
requested tomorrow...sorry again...
U?ytkownik "GodMan" <god...@tenbit.pl> napisa3 w wiadomo?ci
news:9cm2vk$j8r$1@news.internetia.pl...
> I've got problem with connecting to Internet from my RedHat 7.0, someone,
> asked me for copies of ppp debug messages, so there they are:
> The dialing window looks like that:
> vDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
> Initializing modem.
> Sending: ATZ
> ATZ

> OK
> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0
> ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0

> OK
> Sending: ATM0
> ATM0

> OK
> Modem initialized.
> Sending: ATDT 4444444
> Waiting for carrier.
> ATDT 4444444

> CONNECT 57600
> ~ }#@!}!L}
> +}!}$}&@}%}&Hd[D}"}&} } } } }1}$}&@}7}$}!Z} }"}#}$@#}3})}#}(} }#})}(?
> k~Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
> ~ }#@!}!M}

+}!}$}&@}%}&Hd[D}"}&} } } } }1}$}&@}7}$}!Z} }"}#}$@#}3})}#}(} }#})}(?!I~PPP

- Show quoted text -

> negotiation detected.
> Starting pppd at Tue May  1 10:06:27 2001
> And here I can wait and wait and the 'Dialing...' window doesn't want to
> disappear...
> Here are the ppp debug messages(I had to press cancel in that 'Dialing...'
> window so that's why there is 'Cancelled by user':
> May  1 10:04:23 866 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
> May  1 10:04:23 866 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
> sound-service-0-3
> May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
> May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: Using interface ppp0
> May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0
> May  1 10:04:57 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0>
> <magic 0xe602a0ba> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May  1 10:04:58 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May  1 10:04:58 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
> <magic 0xe602a0ba>]
> May  1 10:04:58 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
> <magic 0xe602a0ba>]
> May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcb <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 00 dd> < 00 02> <auth
pap>
> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
> May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0xcb < 11 04 06 40> <
> 17 04 00 dd> < 00 02> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
> May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcc <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
> May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP ConfAck id=0xcc <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
> May  1 10:04:59 866 pppd[1378]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="op96m929"
> password=<hidden>]
> May  1 10:05:02 866 pppd[1378]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x2 user="op96m929"
> password=<hidden>]
> May  1 10:05:03 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [PAP AuthAck id=0x2 "Access permitted
> for user \"op96m929\"\r\n"]
> May  1 10:05:03 866 pppd[1378]: Remote message: Access permitted for user
> "op96m929"^M^J
> May  1 10:05:03 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0>
> <compress VJ 0f 01>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15>
> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr
> 195.114.187.3>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 <addr
> 195.114.187.3>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x43]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [CCP ConfAck id=0x43]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f
> 01>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <addr 0.0.0.0>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <deflate 15>
> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x2]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x2 <addr
> 195.114.185.243>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3 <addr
> 195.114.185.243>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP ConfAck id=0x2]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP ConfAck id=0x3 <addr
> 195.114.185.243>]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: not replacing existing default route to
eth0
> [192.168.1.254]
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: local  IP address 195.114.185.243
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: remote IP address 195.114.187.3
> May  1 10:05:04 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up started (pid 1382)
> May  1 10:05:05 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 1382),
> status = 0x0
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Terminating on signal 15.
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down started (pid 1392)
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "User request"]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x1]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [CCP TermReq id=0x2]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x2b]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: sent [LCP TermAck id=0x2b]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcd <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x46e21f73> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 00 dd> < 00 02> <auth
pap>
> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x3 "User request"]
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Connection terminated.
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Connect time 0.2 minutes.
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Sent 370 bytes, received 366 bytes.
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Waiting for 1 child processes...
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]:   script /etc/ppp/ip-down, pid 1392
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down finished (pid
1392),
> status = 0x0
> May  1 10:05:09 866 pppd[1378]: Exit.
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: Using interface ppp0
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0>
> <magic 0x310026a> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
> <magic 0x310026a>]
> May  1 10:06:27 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0>
> <magic 0x310026a>]
> May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xce <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 01 5a> < 00 02> <auth
pap>
> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
> May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0xce < 11 04 06 40> <
> 17 04 01 5a> < 00 02> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
> May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xcf <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
> May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP ConfAck id=0xcf <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap>]
> May  1 10:06:30 866 pppd[1402]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="op96m929"
> password=<hidden>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x2 user="op96m929"
> password=<hidden>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [PAP AuthAck id=0x2 "Access permitted
> for user \"op96m929\"\r\n"]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: Remote message: Access permitted for user
> "op96m929"^M^J
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0>
> <compress VJ 0f 01>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15>
> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr
> 195.114.187.3>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 <addr
> 195.114.187.3>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x47]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [CCP ConfAck id=0x47]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f
> 01>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <addr 0.0.0.0>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <deflate 15>
> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x2]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x2 <addr
> 195.114.185.247>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3 <addr
> 195.114.185.247>]
> May  1 10:06:33 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP ConfAck id=0x2]
> May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP ConfAck id=0x3 <addr
> 195.114.185.247>]
> May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: not replacing existing default route to
eth0
> [192.168.1.254]
> May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: local  IP address 195.114.185.247
> May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: remote IP address 195.114.187.3
> May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up started (pid 1403)
> May  1 10:06:34 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 1403),
> status = 0x0
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Terminating on signal 15.
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down started (pid 1413)
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "User request"]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-down finished (pid
1413),
> status = 0x0
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x1]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [CCP TermReq id=0x2]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x2c]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: sent [LCP TermAck id=0x2c]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xd0 <mru 1600>
<magic
> 0x48e4db44> <asyncmap 0x0> < 11 04 06 40> < 17 04 01 5a> < 00 02> <auth
pap>
> < 13 09 03 08 00 03 09 08 bf>]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x3 "User request"]
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Connection terminated.
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Connect time 0.9 minutes.
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Sent 375 bytes, received 363 bytes.
> May  1 10:07:17 866 pppd[1402]: Exit.
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks in advance,
> GodMan