Cisco Aironet 350 pc card - bcard clears settings.

Cisco Aironet 350 pc card - bcard clears settings.

Post by St » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:55:31

Hi,

Hopefully someone there can help me out with a problem I am having
with my Cisco Aironet 350 PC Card (PCMCIA). The drivers from the
kernel 2.4.19 are installed and have been configured using the acu
(v1.6.7 downloaded from the Cisco site) utility and is working very
well. However, to bring the card up requires running the acu utility
each time i plug the card into the pcmcia slot. Once I run this
utility my card is associated immediatly (I am running in ad-hoc mode
with 128bit WEP).

I have read that this problem can be resolved by running the
/opt/cisco/bin/bcard utility - putting it in the
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts config file. However, running bcard utility
simply wipes my settings and I have to re-configure using acu (apart
from re-entering my encryption keys and password). I am doing this as
root.

Has anyone else had and resolved this problem?

thanks in advance for any help.

1. Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

Hi.

Does anyone know for sure which chipset the cisco aironet 350
PCMCIA card uses? We've got one on a laptop here, and were trying to get
airsnort working with it. We've got airsnort and kismet working on an
SMC2632W card with the linux-wlan-ng drivers (Version 0.1.13), but
although the airsnort page claims that the cisco aironet 350 card works
with it (And also claims only orinocco and prism/2 support), we are
unable to get the linux-wlan-ng drivers to access the cisco card at all.
(Although of course it works fine with the airo drivers & kismet, just
not with airsnort).

Does anyone know what the story is with airsnort and the cisco card?
Mistake on the webpage? Or are the airo drivers just customised prism/2
drivers? Is the cisco really a prism/2? Our experiments so far would
tend to say it's not...

TIA

Hamish.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #237369
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |

2. Good SCSI cards?

3. Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI 802.11 card - problems!

4. redhat and kontrol-panel error

5. 2.5.69 - Cisco PCM352 (Aironet 350/352 PCMCIA) Card Driver Failure

6. Answering Mult. IP

7. Cisco Aironet 350 HELP!

8. My customer's are going back to NT if I can't get this fixed!!!

9. Cisco Aironet 350 series wireless NIC

10. Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

11. sniffing 802.11with Cisco Aironet 350

12. Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

13. Cisco Aironet 350 Setup on Slackware 8.0