Accton PCI?

Post by James Richard L » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

I was wondering if any one has tried an Accton PCI with Linux.  It is a NE2000
compatible card.  Should it work wit hthe default NE2000 that comes with the
kernel?

Thanks in Advance
James R. Leu

Accton PCI?

Post by Donald Beck » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I was wondering if any one has tried an Accton PCI with Linux.  It is a NE2000
>compatible card.  Should it work wit hthe default NE2000 that comes with the
>kernel?

It's extremely unlikely that the Accton card cited is really "NE2000
compatible".

Some clueless distributors incorrectly use the phrase "NE2000 compatible" to
mean that they include Novell-compatible drivers.

I have a report that the Accton EtherDuo card uses the DEC Tulip 21040 chip,
and that it works with my Tulip driver.
        http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html

[[ ...as if being compatible with the NE2000 was really a feature.]]

Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882         http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/people/becker/whoiam.html