darwin streaming server problem

Post by alex » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:20:21

PLEASE HELP!!!

I am a student doing a project about video streaming using linux over LAN
network.

The server will capture the movie and stream to client in live or in-demand.

Now I can record and playback the movie in .mp4 format and generate .sdp
file. at server only.

The problem is

1. cannot stream video through LAN network.

2. playlist in darwin streaming cannot run. (ERROR: movie no match sdp file)

3. when run "rtsp://hostIP/capture.mp4" on client it say "rtsp client not
found".

4. where to download quicktime player for linux??

(now i am using gm4player)

I have setup server and client and installing the following software:

--linux 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-3)

--qce-ga-0.40d {* driver}

--Mpeg4IP 0.9.8

--gcc 3.2

--autoconf 2.53

--automake 1.6

--libtool 1.5

--lame 3.92

--Darwin streaming server 4.1.3

darwin streaming server problem

Post by Jem Berke » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:04:03

Quote:> PLEASE HELP!!!

> I am a student doing a project about video streaming using linux over
> LAN network.

So am I :)

I haven't gotten as far as you have with the darwin server, but I did use
these tips during server installation. Perhaps the installation went wrong?

http://pc9.org/go/darwin

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.pc-tools.net/

1. Darwin Streaming Server

Has anyone got the latest version of Darwin Streaming Server to compile on
either Yellow Dog Linux or LinuxPPC? I've tried compiling v2.0 on YDL, but I
get a bunch of compiler errors. I would love to be able to stream Quicktime
movies from my 7200 Linux server, so if anyone can offer any insight, I'd
really appreciate it. The compiler errors are as follows:

[several multi-character character constant warnings]

Server.tproj/main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char **)':
Server.tproj/main.cpp:186: no match for `__sigset_t & = int'
/usr/include/bits/sigset.h:31: candidates are: __sigset_t::operator =(const
{anonymous struct} &)
Server.tproj/main.cpp: In function `void RunServer(class PrefsSource *,
class PrefsSource *, UInt16)':
Server.tproj/main.cpp:377: warning: multi-character character constant

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

to this news group.

---| Thinking Different... |----------------+

 url: http://patrickgibson.com/
--------------------------------------------+

2. KDE at startup and with startx

3. lib3d-0.1.2 - Fast, Free 3d

4. Darwin Streaming Server for PPC?

5. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (5/7) [Frequent posting]

6. Getting Darwin Streaming Server to work w/ MKLinux

7. Problems with video modes in X Win

8. Darwin Streaming Server Perl

9. Darwin Streaming Server on RedHat Linux

10. € Apple's Darwin Streaming Server on Slackware???

11. help with Darwin streaming server

12. Darwin Streaming Server???