Linux Client login to NT domain

Post by moj.. » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I have a little network at home consisting of:
  - NT Server connected to Cable modem acting as Proxy Server.
  - 2 other NT Client PCs w/ Internet access via the Server.
  - All accounts are created on the NT Server (so login is to the NT
Domain.)

I'd like to add Linux client to this n/w.
I just installed Corel Linux, set up the TCP/IP and Samba client
settings. (I used static IP address, and no DNS server, just like I
have on the other two clients).

When I login as root to my local Linux machine, I am able to ping the
other PCs on the network and see and access their files via the File
Manager.

I cannot, however, log in to my domain. I always get "Login Failed" at
the login prompt. I have the same user name and password defined
locally, as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
.mojgan.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Linux Client login to NT domain

Post by Elya Guye » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
   Try to enable in NT server registry key "Enable plain text
password'(attached reg file)
I am not sure that is the problem , but I encountered same simptoms when
trying to set samba
server.
    Elya

> Hello,
> I have a little network at home consisting of:
>   - NT Server connected to Cable modem acting as Proxy Server.
>   - 2 other NT Client PCs w/ Internet access via the Server.
>   - All accounts are created on the NT Server (so login is to the NT
> Domain.)

> I'd like to add Linux client to this n/w.
> I just installed Corel Linux, set up the TCP/IP and Samba client
> settings. (I used static IP address, and no DNS server, just like I
> have on the other two clients).

> When I login as root to my local Linux machine, I am able to ping the
> other PCs on the network and see and access their files via the File
> Manager.

> I cannot, however, log in to my domain. I always get "Login Failed" at
> the login prompt. I have the same user name and password defined
> locally, as well.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> .mojgan.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

begin 666 for_samba.reg

M;%-E=# P,5Q397)V:6-E<UQ29')<4&%R86UE=&5R<UT-"B)%;F%B;&50;&%I

`
end

1. Linux Client Login to NT Domain

(Sorry if this message was posted twice)
[...]

2. IBM Tape Drive

3. pppd dailin server ok, but client cannot remote login to NT domain

4. Remote Security

5. pptp - obsd2.9 to nt domain, come in nt domain, over

6. UNIX, What does it mean?

7. Windows client can't see NT domain when passing through a Linux PPP server

8. printer(s) and printdeamon probs.

9. Migrate Win98 client to Linux and keep NT Domain logon?

10. Adding Linux Client to NT Domain

11. linux as a client on Windows NT domain?

12. NT Domain authentication from Linux 6 ws clients

13. Login to and NT Domain using Corel Linux