IP-IP Tunnel With ipfwadm (masquerade)

Post by Neil McBennet » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have successfully configured IP-IP tunneling between 2 remote private
networks. The two "firewalls" are Linux (Redhat Hurricane) boxes with
2.0.33 kernels. I also need to give Internet access to the two private
networks, and want to use IP-Masquerading. Unfortunately, when I enable
ipfwadm, it takes control of the tunnel and this stops working -
masquerading works fine though!

Has anyone out there used this combination and succeeded!?? - if so
PLEASE let me know what you did to enable this.

Thanks in advance

Neil

1. IP Masquerade with Novell's IP Tunnel

Hello,
  Does anyone know if IP Masquerade will work with Novell's IP tunnel?
  I'm using version 2.0.7 of the Kernel and version 2.2 of ipfwadm.

  I started ipfwadm with -

    ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.169.1.0/24 =D 0.0.0.0/0
    ipfwadm -F -p deny  (I also tried leaving this line out)

  I followed the IP Masquerade howto and have had no problems getting
  all other IP programs to work.

  I'm also using 2 network cards on Linux with no modem involved.

  When I move the workstation off of the private network to the public one,
  the tunnel works fine(IP Masquerading is not involved here). So, I know I
  have the Novell IP Tunnel set up right.

  Here is my net.cfg

  Link Support
        Buffers 8 1500
        MemPool 4096

  Protocol TCPIP
         Bind AT17ODI
         ip_router       192.168.1.1
         ip_netmask      255.255.255.0
         ip_address      192.168.1.2
         PATH TCP_CFG    C:\NET\TCP

Protocol IPX
         Bind 2

Link Driver AT17ODI
        Frame Ethernet_II
        Port 340
        Int  5

Link Driver IPTUNNEL
       gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx     (I have removed the gateway address)
;       checksum yes
       port 213

Does anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong.  Thanks for any
information you can provide.

2. NeoMagic 256XL+

3. Configuring net (IP-tunnel, IP-Alias, Proxy-ARP, NAT, IP-Masq?)

4. quick proxy setup?

5. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

6. Frequenctly system down on Sun X1

7. Help with setup of IP-IP Tunnel on linux

8. 'Unable to find swap-space signature' !?

9. IP-IP tunneling and multi-line PPP?

10. Encrypted IP-IP Tunnels

11. Solaris 8 - IP-IP tunnels

12. Broadcast through IP-IP tunnel - help!

13. IP-IP Tunneling Modules