@Home setup

Post by matt » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

5.2 but I can't get dhcp working.  During bootup after the card is
recognized correctly.  I get the message:

Using DHCP for eth0...failed

I believe everything is setup correctly.
My ethernet card is a 3com 3C900 (Etherlink XL PCI) if that helps.

TIA,
Matt

@Home setup

Post by JoHn Do » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

This is actually deceptive.  You can get a ...failed even if it does
work, go figure?  Well this should help, instead of initializing dhcpcd
with just that add the '-h your_hostname' flag and it will work.  THen
check it with ifconfig a moment later and you should be set.

        -DoH

> 5.2 but I can't get dhcp working.  During bootup after the card is
> recognized correctly.  I get the message:

> Using DHCP for eth0...failed

> I believe everything is setup correctly.
> My ethernet card is a 3com 3C900 (Etherlink XL PCI) if that helps.

> TIA,
> Matt

@Home setup

Post by Matt Penegu » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

This worked to some extent.  I can now ping IP addresses but not names.
Any suggestions?

Matt

> This is actually deceptive.  You can get a ...failed even if it does
> work, go figure?  Well this should help, instead of initializing dhcpcd
> with just that add the '-h your_hostname' flag and it will work.  THen
> check it with ifconfig a moment later and you should be set.

>         -DoH

> > 5.2 but I can't get dhcp working.  During bootup after the card is
> > recognized correctly.  I get the message:

> > Using DHCP for eth0...failed

> > I believe everything is setup correctly.
> > My ethernet card is a 3com 3C900 (Etherlink XL PCI) if that helps.

> > TIA,
> > Matt

@Home setup

Post by JoHn Do » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Try going to /etc/dhcpc/resolve.conf.  There you should see a

your nameserver IP and add the line 'nameserver x.x.x.x' where x.x.x.x
is you ns' ip.  That should be it.

        -DoH

--
JoHn 'DoH' KeLm

"People are too stupid to realize they are" - DoH

1. Mask DCHP --> static on new Roger@Home setup

ok, so Roger's is screwing us again and forcing us to a DCHP setup.  I have a
couple domains that I just use for personal stuff (not running websites or
anything) but I would like to continue using them if possible.  Does anyone know
of a service that will forward from a domain to my DHCP'd server?

ie. type in www.domain.com and forward lookup to IP of
clientID.rogers_thing.home.com

2. Q: Anticipatory scheduler docs

3. @Home Setup

4. Q - X for Diamond VLB Viper

5. Why won't the network forward packets in a dual-homed setup?

6. Connection problems with fedora

7. cox@home setup

8. Getting a login prompt on a Diskless workstation

9. @home setup

10. cable modems(@home) setup with Mandrake Linux

11. @home setup

12. multi-homing setup