Lexmark Marknet setup via printtool problem

Lexmark Marknet setup via printtool problem

Post by mdmoor » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 00:13:57

I am attempting to setup a Lexmark optra t610 with internal ethernet style
marknet adapter. I have set these up using LPR ports on an NT4 box simply by
specifying an ip address and any printer name. When I set the printer up
using RedHat 6.1 printtool and specify  its ip address 10.0.0.99 and use
lp99 as the remote printer name the LPD service is unable to connect to the
printer. Is there some extra special setting I need to use? I can see via
tcpdump that the server is sending a request to 10.0.0.99.printer but the
messages indicate that the connection is rejected.

1. Lexmark MarkNet PrintServer Boxes and Linux

Hallo,

we want to use Linux/Samba as a 'printserver'.
We have several of these Lexmark (NetMark3)Boxes in our network running with
WindowsNT so far.
Due to quite a lot of problems with this MS stuff I want to find a Linux print-
solution. Does anyone
have expirences with these Lexmark or any other printservers?

Thank you
Ralf Leistner
NewsGroups Suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://netnews.web.de

2. USB not accepting addresses in bk9

3. What is needed to configure Lexmark MarkNet XLe print server under AIX 4.3?

4. digital microscope camera

5. Managing IBM Marknet Pro 3 via SNMP

6. ibm3151 emulation on windows

7. Print via MarkNet box to ibm4224 serial printer

8. "Failed to load LDX" - emacs on AIX 4.3.3

9. help printtool setup problem

10. printing setup WITHOUT printtool

11. RH 6.0 - Printing not working - seems to setup fine in PRINTTOOL though

12. Barcode printing from AS/400 via Linux to Lexmark 238x printer

13. Network printer setup for Lexmark