TCP/IP, /proc, snmp

Post by nosp » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone point me to documentation - as detailed as possible -
on the following items. ( Online is best, but books, journals,
anything will be appreciated ).

   1. The /proc directory - this is a view into the kernel, but
        it is very difficult to find details of what the variables
        are and how they work. I am particularly interested in the
        tcp/ip variables in /proc/net  and the SNMP variables.
   2. From a tcp/ip standpoint - an exposition of the complete
        accounting ( bean counting ) rules for packets flowing
        into/out of a node - essentially a graph with the nodes
        being the categories and the links showing the possible
        paths and the rules which govern them. This is so that
        one could construct a complete report of what happens
        to all the packets at that node.

   Thanks.

1. TCP/IP, /proc/net, snmp

Can anyone point me to documentation - as detailed as possible -
on the following items. ( Online is best, but books, journals,
anything will be appreciated ).

   1. The /proc directory - this is a view into the kernel, but
        it is very difficult to find details of what the variables
        are and how they work. I am particularly interested in the
        tcp/ip variables in /proc/net  and the SNMP variables.
   2. From a tcp/ip standpoint - an exposition of the complete
        accounting ( bean counting ) rules for packets flowing
        into/out of a node - essentially a graph with the nodes
        being the categories and the links showing the possible
        paths and the rules which govern them. This is so that
        one could construct a complete report of what happens
        to all the packets at that node.

   Thanks.
        that node.

2. Linux as server and firewall. Documentation?????

3. /proc/net/snmp and SNMP MIB

4. vt220 compat xterm for aix 4.x

5. SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

6. Newbie questions

7. Books: TCP/IP and SNMP

8. Raid 10

9. Monitoring TCP/IP daemonns and system resources on Linux systems via snmp

10. Books: TCP/IP and SNMP

11. US-CA-South Bay-Network Admin/TCP/IP/SNA/SNMP/LAN/WAN - Start Up

12. /proc/net/tcp and /proc/net/udp

13. Watching proc's TCP-IP