Linux as bridge (OSI Level 2)

Post by Peter Wiche » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi out there,

I'm looking for some information about using Linux as bridge between two
ethernet-segments (without IP-based routing).

I haven't seen anything about it in howtos and manuals, so please send me a
note for any idea.

cu,
Peter

--
Peter Wichert

Linux as bridge (OSI Level 2)

Post by Jon Hilto » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

see
http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Bridge.html
and
http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Bridge+Firewall.html

good luck

Jon Hilton

> Hi out there,

> I'm looking for some information about using Linux as bridge between two
> ethernet-segments (without IP-based routing).

> I haven't seen anything about it in howtos and manuals, so please send me a
> note for any idea.

> cu,
> Peter

> --
> Peter Wichert

Linux as bridge (OSI Level 2)

Post by Vidar Andres » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Hi out there,

>I'm looking for some information about using Linux as bridge between two
>ethernet-segments (without IP-based routing).

>I haven't seen anything about it in howtos and manuals, so please send me a
>note for any idea.

I tried to compile a couple of 'bridge's dating from late 1996.  On a
2.0.36. And was not able to get i to compile.

But. I had Monkeylinux with a 2.0.30 kernel on a partition; rebooting;
compiling on it; rebooting; and then installing bridge on the 2.0.36;
did work.

Yours

Vidar Andresen