IP Firewalling

Post by Peter Hawkin » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

 In the 1.2.5 Linux Kernel, there is an option to turn on IP Firewalling.
I cannot seem to find any details of this feature in any of the Docs i.e in
the HOWTOS or the LDP stuff. Is there any documentation of this feature and
where can it be found ?

Thanks

--
Peter Hawkins

IP Firewalling

Post by Jos V » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

> In the 1.2.5 Linux Kernel, there is an option to turn on IP Firewalling.
>I cannot seem to find any details of this feature in any of the Docs i.e in
>the HOWTOS or the LDP stuff. Is there any documentation of this feature and
>where can it be found ?

Look for more information at

        http://www.xos.nl/linux/ipfwadm/

(the ipfw.4 manual page you can read there describes the kernel
interfaces related to IP firewalls and IP accounting) and get the
software to configure this facility from

        ftp://ftp.xos.nl/pub/linux/ipfwadm/

Manual pages are included, but, unfortunately, no real examples.
This is on my TODO list, but I didn't find the time to write them.
Maybe in the near future...

--

--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Phone: +31 20 6938364
--    Amsterdam, The Netherlands        |     Fax: +31 20 6948204

1. Backup scripts, IP firewalling and IP masquerading

I posted some backup scripts I wrote on http://home.earthlink.net/~simpson3.
These scripts dump a set of filesystems to a large SCSI tape drive (such as
a DAT) drive using the dump(8) and restore(8) programs that come with Linux.

Also, on that page is a description of IP firewalling and IP masquerading.
A sample script to set these up is contained there too.
    Scott

2. Shell Curses Version 1.11 (w/ menu system)

3. IP Firewalling/Routing/IP Translation

4. Workstation

5. ipfw (IP Firewall), proxy and IP routing on Solaris 2.4

6. out of memory error

7. IP Masq, IP firewall & FWTK ?

8. snoop(1M) on loopback lo0, Solaris???

9. Kernel versions, IP firewalls, IP masquerading and stability

10. IP Firewall and IP Masquerading Problems

11. IP masquereding and IP firewalling Reverse DNS problem

12. Which IP Firewalling Administration Tools?

13. ipfw (ip firewall/accounting)