infrared

Post by Serje Beaudoi » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

HI all,

    I try to find one infrared driver for linux> Someone know something
about that ???

--
                                        Serje Beaudoin,
                                        Geoservices R&L Inc.

infrared

Post by Mark Swop » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I think that there is a module that you can download
and compile for IRDA for Linux.  I briefly tried it
and couldn't get it to work.  However, I cannot say that
it wasn't my fault.  Try searching the web for LINUX and
IRDA...
mas

>HI all,

>    I try to find one infrared driver for linux> Someone know something
>about that ???

>--
> Serje Beaudoin,
> Geoservices R&L Inc.
> (514) 923-1500
> internet:

infrared

Post by root » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

                2.2.0 kernels have comprehensive support for IRDA. Try it.

------------------------------

remove kill-all-spam. to reply !!

> I think that there is a module that you can download
> and compile for IRDA for Linux.  I briefly tried it
> and couldn't get it to work.  However, I cannot say that
> it wasn't my fault.  Try searching the web for LINUX and
> IRDA...
> mas

> >HI all,

> >    I try to find one infrared driver for linux> Someone know something
> >about that ???

> >--
> > Serje Beaudoin,
> > Geoservices R&L Inc.
> > (514) 923-1500
> > internet:

1. Linux and Infrared Device

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I am looking for a solution
to purchase for a pretty low price since I dont know how to put
together circuit boards and such. What I am wanting to do is hookup an
IR to my serial port on my linux machine. I will be using LIRC for the
Infrared library, but from what I am told, I need an IR reciever & IR
transmitter, is their an all in one solution anywhere? Ill explain
what I am trying to do here. This is the same concept as Tivo: the IR
reciever waits for commands from the universal remote (i purchased),
when a command is sent to the IR reciever, LIRC will decode and
execute a function and then use the IR transmitter pointed to the Dish
or DirecTV reciever and send the appropriate IR signals for it to
decode and understand. This is what I am wanting to do, any help would
be very appreciated

2. Question about Linux installation on a Sony SRX77 Notebook

3. Infrared Printing under Linux

4. simple mmap question

5. Infrared Driver for Linux?

6. Problems with profile (?) in terminal session in CDE

7. Infrared Serial Port

8. Mystery Processor wont run Redhat 6.1

9. infrared output devices

10. Best Linux InfraRed PC Remote

11. ANN: Infrared-HOWTO 3.5

12. InfraRed Under FreeBSD?

13. Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer(USB Infrared Mouse) and RH6