configuring postfix / pop-server for smtp-after-pop

configuring postfix / pop-server for smtp-after-pop

Post by Benjamin Grim » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

hi,

I wanted to configure Postfix to use smtp-after-pop with MySql. Now I
need a POP-server modified
to log successful pop-logins in a Mysql-Table so that I can determine
which users have the right to send
mail via smtp. I know the POP-before-SMTP faq draft , but the mentioned
C code to modify the pop server
isn't included.

anybody out there who has got a patched pop-server

--
Benjamin Grimm

Webnetix! e-services OHG
Pappelweg 3 - D-89547 Gerstetten - Germany

Phone: +49 7324 98 27 98 - Fax: +49 7324 98 27 99 - Mobile: +49 173
6708107
PGP fingerprint: FCD6 F8BE 0E60 2C38 A595  52E4 4DE3 433F 0C9C 901A

1. postfix pop-before-smtp

Hi,

I am looking for a solution, where the pop-before-smtp writes a
database like:

IP-Adress user grace-period

When the user sends after the pop3 authentification a mail, then
postfix should check if the IP-Adress is valid and the 'mail from:

Is there a way to do this?
I am not sure if smtp-Auth gives me the guaranty, if the 'mail from:

Thanks...

Achim

2. Anything wrong with RedHat 5.0?

3. SMTP on RH 7.3 Distro, using POP and SMTP on another server

4. Help: Western Digital PCI SCSI Controller WD7193

5. POP to POP mail servers

6. multiple consoles on multiple monitors

7. simultaneous pop connection slow down aix pop server

8. Safely giving up a lock before sleeping

9. SMTP server to POP server

10. POP Server (was: SMTP Server)

11. Pop server for virtual pop accounts

12. Newbie Needs Help Setting up a POP or SMTP Mail Server

13. Web/POP/SMTP, which servers to use