Network monitoring software

Post by Pep » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a good pice of software for monitoring network traffick?

I have been using TCPDUMP which is good but I would prefer a more advanced
application, preferably GUI based.

cheers,
Pep

Network monitoring software

Post by sfcyb.. » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

If your not looking to read the packets or packet headers ntop does a
good job of tracking down network traffic.

Quote:> Does anyone know of a good pice of software for monitoring network
traffick?

> I have been using TCPDUMP which is good but I would prefer a more
> application, preferably GUI based.

> cheers,
> Pep

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Network Monitoring software

Hi,

I am looking for a nice network monitor for Ethernet either for Windows
or Linux. One that could simulate the traffic of my Ethernet [and
pin-point the fault areas!] I checked out download.com and freshmeat.net
but found none similar. Any help in this regard?

--
Azfar Kazmi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Help needed in acquiring hardware for Linux WWW server

3. Network Monitoring Software

4. TripWare topology

5. network monitoring software question

6. PCMCIA card error

7. Wanted: network monitor software

8. help with ld.so

9. Network monitoring software for Solaris?

10. simple network monitoring software

11. Network Monitoring Software

12. Network monitoring software

13. Network Monitoring Software