Procmail problem.

Post by Andrew Higg » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have got fetchmail receiving mail from our ISP. Fetchmail passes it to
procmail which sorts it into a couple of aliases. I can check mail for root
but none of the other users. It says the mail is already being read. Is this
a lockfile problem? If so, How do I get rid of it?

I would ultimately like fetchmail to be receiving mail from 2 accounts with
our ISP. Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Andrew Higgs

Procmail problem.

Post by Frank Ha » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>I have got fetchmail receiving mail from our ISP. Fetchmail passes it to
>procmail which sorts it into a couple of aliases. I can check mail for root
>but none of the other users. It says the mail is already being read. Is this
>a lockfile problem? If so, How do I get rid of it?

I'm by no means a procmail expert but I think you can log to a file
exactly what procmail is doing.  In your .procmailrc file, put a line
like this:

LOGFILE=/pathtologfile
VERBOSE=yes

Maybe that will give a hint.

--
Frank Hahn

1. fetchmail/procmail problem

The problem is, when I have procmail put messages that meet a certain
criteria into a folder, it marks all the read messages as unread, except
for the same five each time.  What gives?  It's kind of annoying to find
fifty old messages marked as new each time.  At least it puts them in
the correct folder.

procmail v. 3.13.1
fetchmail v. 5.0.0

This is the simple contents of .procmailrc

********
LOGFILE=mail/log

:0:
* ^TOForens*
Mail/forensic
*********

thanks
-ebh

2. Keyboard lock up on sys 5 v 3.2.2

3. Procmail Problem

4. Help!

5. Fetchmail->Procmail problem

6. terminfo & emulation

7. Procmail problem

8. Win XP Pro + GRUB + Linux

9. RH4.x->5.0 upgrade Sendmail/Procmail problems

10. Procmail problem

11. procmail problems

12. Procmail problems still

13. Procmail Problems