ICMP TimeStampRequests

Post by Akira Uchi » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm working on software developing company in Japan.

My collegue is developing some networking APs using raw BSD Socket.
But she faces strange behavior about ICMP TimeStampRequests on Linux.

She can't post article to the world, so I post her question below.

The question would be:
What's the best way to compare the 32-Bit TIMESTAMPS from an incoming
ICMP-TIMESTAMPREPLY and the own machine clock using the ICMP implementation
of Linux 1.2.8 ?
I have funny results when sending IMCP-TIMESTAMPREQUESTs to the local
machine. Using gettimeofday() in this case seems to be the wrong way...
Or does somebody have any experience with bugs in the ICMP implementation
for Linux ?

If you have any suggestion or solution about this, please reply to her
directly.

Her address is;

Thanks.

au

--

1. icmp : does icmp have no dependency on dns?

hi.

i was working on helping someone to get a suse-install fixed-up for dns,
and found out that he was able able to ping places even when there
apparently isn't a valid entry in /etc/rc.config ( which, by default, is
used by the suse scripts to generate a resolv.conf )

the question+:

does icmp-packet routing not depend on DNS ?

does tcp-packet routing depend on dns ?

does anything depend on dns besides whatever is buried in something like
a netscape?

  (if so, any tips on (a url for, or a book if no url) where to find a
table of what depends on what?)

thanks!

--
sc

2. Microsoft natural Keyboard

3. ICMP HOST cannot build IP Header address to echo ICMP HOST

4. 2.4 x86 Motif: insensitive labels

5. make icmp.c be more verbose on broadcast icmp errors

6. Position commands

7. SLIP: ICMP cheksum error

8. X11 config for Daewoo CMC2000M?

9. ICMP and Masq - correct setup?

10. ICMP record in snoop

11. Blocking ICMP messages from original handler

12. 1.3.x: ICMP redirect ignored, bug or feature ?

13. How to allow ICMP through my firewall?