2 mail servers needed to have aaaa@domain1.xx and bbbb@domain2.xx ?????

Post by ANTOINETTE PARASKEV » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Dear friends,

I run a Linux server (on the Internet) with 2 domains (network.gr, citinet.gr)
and of course 2 IPs. Till now I was able to give e-mail accounts of the format

Thank you in advance
ANTOINETTE

Post by Andy Tompkin » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> >Dear friends,

> >I run a Linux server (on the Internet) with 2 domains (network.gr, citinet.gr)
> >and of course 2 IPs. Till now I was able to give e-mail accounts of the format

> The simplest way is telling your MTA that it should accept mails for the
> 2 domains.

> sendmail.cf:           Cw.....
> /usr/lib/smail/config: other_hostnames

> But your mail users' mailreader has to supply the coorect From:-line.

You have to do several things...first you need an MX record
in your dns...for example:
IN MX 25 citinet.gr
then (assuming that you also have a dns entry for citinet.gr)
your mail host will respond as the mail exchanger for that domain
next, you need to tell sendmail to accept mail for that domain...
i believe newer sendmails have that as a feature...
one of the virtual tables, its not virtusertable...but something like
that, i cant remember off the top of my head...
there might be a file /etc/sendmail.cw i think,
it is a list of aliases for your sendmail host...i would add
citinet.gr there and see if that works...
Good luck,
feel free to email me if you have any questions,
I can tell you exactly how to do it, i'll just have to grab the sendmail
book and look it up...

Andy Tompkins

1. firewall kernel: martian source 196.xx.xx.xx from 165,146.xx.xx on dev eth0 ???

hi there,

I'v noticed in my logs the following on my Redhat iptables box

firewall kernel: martian source 196.xx.xx.xx from 165,146.xx.xx on dev
eth0
196.xx.xx.xx being the internet ip on eth0

the 165.xx.xx.xx is my ISP up on my machine at home, i noticed these
messages at the time time i tried to connect from my home machine to
the 196.xxx.x.x box
the connection to ssh was timmed out ???

what can this be .. i read about martain messages bing spoof messages.
but the addrss if my ip of my home machine , ISP assigned.

anyone with any idea's ?

Thank in advance for any advice

2. Database software for Apache 1.2.5

3. Could not reverse map address xx.xx.xx.xx???

4. HELP: DIP Won't Work

5. connection was refused when connect to xx.xx.xx.xx

6. userdel SLOW!

7. BAD MAC = XX:XX:XX ...

8. script or exec to allow system users to change pwds via web?

9. modules-XX.XX.XX where?

10. regular expression to parse 0,xx/xx/xx and replace 0 in GPEP

11. 10.xx.xx.xx network?

12. how do I set up john@domain1.com and johan@domain2.com on same server?

13. How to set up john@domain1.com and john@domain2.com on same server?