Out of interest, max throughput of NICs

Post by G.Fenstermache » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I know, I know.. Its says "10Mbit" on it, but what are the actual practical
speeds you
achieve with these?

I saw a little something in the Ethernet HOWTO about speeds, but does anyone
have
some good ideas?

IE, what sort of throughput does a 16bit ISA board have? In a 486dx2/33? In
a faster 60mHz bus pentium?

I'm just trying to figure this out now :)

-G

--
http://www.infotainment.org

1. max throughput on 100mbit nic card

Hi all,

        What is the max through-put that anyone has seen for a 100mbit card.  I
realize that the theoretical max is around 12.5 meg per sec, but I doubt
that is ever reached.  For those wondering why, my company is
considering the purchase of a giga-bit fiber card for one of our NFS
file servers.  So far the max I've seen going through our card is
9.8meg/sec.

        Thanks,
                Kirk

please reply via email and post to the newsgroup if possible.
remove the obvious bits from my email to make it valid.

        B. Kirk Metz                    303-389-4409

        Western Geophysical             Tech. Support

2. New Linux user , Please assist

3. HELP: How do I max throughput in pppd or dip?

4. boot and lilo problems

5. Max throughput of Ethernet

6. sed problem

7. Interesting disk throughput performance problem

8. determine file handle

9. UDP throughput code: much lower than expected throughput

10. UDP throughput tool: unusually low throughput

11. Queston on iperf to measure throughput between 2 NICs

12. Excessive NIC errors - weird throughput

13. Throughput of NIC