Full installation problem about Red Hat Linux

Full installation problem about Red Hat Linux

Post by Joe » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi, Friends:

  Has a fast and easy method to  install all software of Red Hat Linux ?

   Rea Hat Linux has more 700 packages.  When I want to install all
packages,
   I must select them one by one.   Has a fast and easy method to  install
all
   software of Red Hat Linux ?

   I  try instruction "rpm -Uvh *.rpm" to install all packages,
   but  it has error messages.

      Joe   2000/7/8
      Natioanl Taiwan University

Full installation problem about Red Hat Linux

Post by fjab » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Yes there is as far as I know the possibility during installation of
installing all packages.
Just when you have to choose wich packages you want to instaal on the bottom
of that list there you can mark the option "install all".
Maybe this is not what you are looking for? But I know no other way as newbe
in linux land.

franklin

Quote:> Hi, Friends:

Post by zealo » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Yes there is as far as I know the possibility during installation of
> installing all packages.
> Just when you have to choose wich packages you want to instaal on the bottom
> of that list there you can mark the option "install all".
> Maybe this is not what you are looking for? But I know no other way as newbe
> in linux land.

> franklin

> > Hi, Friends:

> >   Has a fast and easy method to  install all software of Red Hat Linux ?

> >    Rea Hat Linux has more 700 packages.  When I want to install all
> > packages,
> >    I must select them one by one.   Has a fast and easy method to  install
> > all
> >    software of Red Hat Linux ?

> >    I  try instruction "rpm -Uvh *.rpm" to install all packages,
> >    but  it has error messages.

> >       Joe   2000/7/8
> >       Natioanl Taiwan University

  The istall all option in the initial redhat installation sequence
still
does NOT install all the packages on the CD (have no idea why). RH 6.1.

rpm -Uvh --force *.rpm --nodeps

that will install everything on the disk.
The problem with doing this is that some packages have installation
scripts built into them that require other packages to be installed
before they will run correctly.

JIM

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. strace for later systems?

3. 3c905-tx-m and linux red hat 6.2 problems (collisions and no 100 full duplex)

4. SiI3112a SATA help

5. Installation Problem Linux Red Hat 6.1

6. Bug reporting apathy

7. Red Hat Linux Installation Problem

8. Multiple default gateways

9. Red Hat Linux 4.1 installation problem n (n tending to infinity)

10. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

11. Problem with Red hat linux 7.3 installation

12. Installation problems with RED hat linux 7.1 and 7.2

13. Installation problem with Linux Red Hat 1.2.13