Need help with TCP/IP an NI5210 network card.

Need help with TCP/IP an NI5210 network card.

Post by Bernard Johann » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00



[ Article crossposted from alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions ]
[ Author was Bernard Johannes ]
[ Posted on 27 Jun 1995 14:37:45 GMT ]

Hi there,

I've installed Linux on my PC (486 DX), but I cannot telnet to other hosts
on our network.
I have a Racal NI5210 ethernet card installed in my PC, configured as follows:

port: 360
int:  3
mem:  d0000 200

When I boot up my PC with Linux, I get the following messages:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCADDTR: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDTR: Network is unreachable

Is there any special drivers that I need to reach the rest of the network?

*********************************************************************


 University of Stellenbosch      *
 South Africa                    *     Tel:     +27 21 808 4291
*********************************************************************

 
 
 

Need help with TCP/IP an NI5210 network card.

Post by Landslidius MarXaM » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00



Quote:

>[ Article crossposted from alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions ]
>[ Author was Bernard Johannes ]
>[ Posted on 27 Jun 1995 14:37:45 GMT ]

>Hi there,

>I've installed Linux on my PC (486 DX), but I cannot telnet to other hosts
>on our network.
>I have a Racal NI5210 ethernet card installed in my PC, configured as follows:

I've got a similar problem with an NE2000 card

Quote:>port: 360
>int:  3
>mem:  d0000 200

my IRQ is 5
base mem = 0x300

Quote:>When I boot up my PC with Linux, I get the following messages:
>SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
>SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
>SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
>SIOCADDTR: Network is unreachable
>SIOCADDTR: Network is unreachable

same here, but I just figure this is cause I don't have the i486
connected to anything yet (had it cabled to my 386 but for the moment
just using a t-connector with a couple of network terminators on it)

Quote:>Is there any special drivers that I need to reach the rest of the network?

I can't ifconfig to recognize eth0, i've tried adding:
ether=5,0x300,eth0 to lilo.conf but to no avail, also
it looks like rc.inet1 is attempting to configure it, but I never
see it come across in the boot-up msg's

Also tried recompiling the kernel (1.2.8) and was never asked
about NE2000 support, but answered yes to most of the others
incl. DE2100 (i think that was it...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Jeftovic                      http://www.shmooze.net/~markjr


 
 
 

1. Need help with TCP/IP an NI5210 network card.

[ Article crossposted from alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions ]
[ Author was Bernard Johannes ]
[ Posted on 27 Jun 1995 14:37:45 GMT ]

Hi there,

I've installed Linux on my PC (486 DX), but I cannot telnet to other hosts
on our network.
I have a Racal NI5210 ethernet card installed in my PC, configured as follows:

port: 360
int:  3
mem:  d0000 200

When I boot up my PC with Linux, I get the following messages:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCADDTR: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDTR: Network is unreachable

Is there any special drivers that I need to reach the rest of the network?

*********************************************************************


 University of Stellenbosch      *
 South Africa                    *     Tel:     +27 21 808 4291
*********************************************************************

2. Caldera CEO agrees with MS

3. TCP/IP driver f. NI5210 (Interlan) ???

4. Linux on NexGen/Alaris MB: parity RAMs?

5. TCP/IP Treiber f. NI5210 (Interlan) ?

6. How can I prevent running user news session?

7. ****NEED EXPERT NETWORK ADMIN TO HELP SET UP A SMALL TCP/IP NET****

8. resp results against 2.4.19 2.5.47 .48 .49

9. ****NEED EXPERT NETWORK ADMIN TO HELP SET UP SMALL TCP/IP NET****

10. TCP/IP without network card?

11. NI5210, NE2000 update to 2.0.30 need help

12. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP