ifconfig carrier field

Post by Jim Henderso » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

What does the ifconfig carrier field indicate?

1. TX error and carrier numbers as seen with ifconfig

     I have been attempting to get an ethernet card I have working
under linux, pings to the other host on my 2 computer LAN will make
the TX errors and carrier numbers (as seen with ifconfig eth0) go up.
After a futile search, I was unable to determine what this carrier
number represents, what does this indicate with regards to ethernet
cards?  Also, what precisely does a transmit error indicate? if you
ping a host that does not exist should TX error increase, or should TX
sent increase, or both?

2. How to tell if ifstream has buffered unread data?

3. ifconfig carrier?

4. wireless packet drop

5. "carrier" in ifconfig output

6. invalid method

7. "Carrier" value from ifconfig output

8. libc5/glibc

9. carrier-Info on ifconfig

10. How do I extract a field between two other fields?

11. Help - sending with mailx to bcc field instead of to: field

12. select field n to last? select last field?

13. Using awk or cut to print every field after the 11th field