FTP anonymous problem

Post by Pete » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:08:16

Hi
   In rehat 8.0 , if i want to destroy anonymous ftp, i simply add
"anonymous" into /etc/ftpusers.

   But in redhat 9.0 , there is no /etc/ftpusers, so i create one and
add "anonymous" in it, after that, i cannot login to my ftp server, it
give me a error message:

530 Must perform authentication before identifying USER.

How to fix it?

thanks

FTP anonymous problem

Post by ynotsso » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:32:28

Quote:>    In rehat 8.0 , if i want to destroy anonymous ftp, i simply add
> "anonymous" into /etc/ftpusers.
>    But in redhat 9.0 , there is no /etc/ftpusers, so i create one and
> add "anonymous" in it, after that, i cannot login to my ftp server, it
> give me a error message:
> 530 Must perform authentication before identifying USER.
> How to fix it?

See if http://tinyurl.com/h6xe is helpful to you.

    tony

--
use hotmail com for any email replies

1. Anonymous FTP access from non-anonymous account

Does anybody know of a way to limit the access for a non-anonymous ftp
user similar to that of an anonymous ftp user?  For example, they can log
in, but we don't want them to go outside of a certain directory - like
how anonymous ftp works, just without using the account "anonymous".

If this is in the FAQ - forgive the waste of bandwidth.  Thanks in
advance!

                "Yes, you are correct.  I am bored"

Network/Unix/PC Admin                                (319) 395-4542
Rockwell International Corp.

2. DMZ's Sun machines become slow after connect to PIX firewall

3. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

4. What happened to Linuxconf in RH 7.3?

5. Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP

6. Replacement for Outlook

7. Anonymous FTP gone from ftp.openbsd.org

8. *** UNIX ADMINISTRATOR -- SW ONTARIO (LONDON) ***

9. How to create a ftp user such as FTP/anonymous???

10. Fake root for ftp-user other than "ftp/anonymous"?

11. how to set a anonymous ftp but user ftp have unique passwd

12. FTP Anonymous account and ~ftp/etc

13. user ftp like anonymous ftp