How can i do load balancing with 2 Internet connections (redhat 7.2) ?

How can i do load balancing with 2 Internet connections (redhat 7.2) ?

Post by Andre Stede » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 19:38:32

Hello,

i have 2 Internet Connections:

1. SDSL - 2,3 MBit static IP   (eth0)
   IP: 63.29.166.1  GW: 63.29.148.50
2. ADSL - 768/128 KBit dynamic IP  (ppp0)
   IP: 213.23.45.204  P-t-P:145.253.1.196

I want everything that comes in over eth0 (http/smtp) go out over eth0, and
erverything that comes from ppp0 go out over ppp0. Is it possible to do
this?

I have tried it with:
# Setup source IP routing rules for SDSL (eth0)
ip rule add from 63.29.166.1 lookup 1
ip route add 0/0 via 63.29.148.50 table 1

# Setup source IP routing rules for ADSL (ppp0)
ip rule add from 213.23.45.204 lookup 2
ip route add 0/0 via 145.253.1.196 table 2

But it doesnt work.

Can i do load balancing with the 2 Internet connections ?

How can i do this? I have read the Linux Advanced routing howto but can`t
get it to work...

1. Internet Connection via a Network Shared Connection in RedHat 7.2

Hello everyone,

I have a RedHat7.2 server. The server is connect to a LAN witch have a
domain name (monpc.mondomaine). The RedHat server can see and ping
every machine in the LAN, connect to them via Samba (mount some
resources), etc.

The LAN have a DSL Internet Connection witch use a firewall. All other
machines (Windows NT and Windows 2000) can access to Internet.

The problem is that i can't connect to internet with the redhat server
otherwise all others machine in the LAN can.

The resolv.conf file contains this informations :
domain mondomaine
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
search mondomaine

Have someone an idea ?

Thank A Lot For Your Responses
Ghislain

2. problem with xv for .tif files, other aplications?

3. RedHat 7.2 as DHCP server & internet connection sharing

4. Looking for Xgraph

5. Combine multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover.

6. Charter Cable

7. load balancing / sharing internet connection query

8. MMDF Troubles... Help...

9. load balancing with 2 internet connections?

10. load balancing / sharing internet connection query

11. Combine multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover.

12. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

13. Very slow Internet connection with MDK 7.2