FTP/Telnet Problems

Post by Buck Minste » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have a W95 machine and a RH5.0Linux machine.
I can "ping" either of them from the other, just fine.

...and yet, when I try to FTP into the Linux machine, it
says:
ex.
"FTP 192.168.0.100"
"Connected 192.168.0.xxx" (hangs here for 30 seconds)
and never asked for Login or Password!!??
After the 30 seconds, it says:
"Connection closed by host."

What is wrong with this setup?
Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Buck Minster

FTP/Telnet Problems

Post by Igor Colovi » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

You have to make dir in /home
cd /home
mkdir ftp
Then your ftp will work.
Also you have to edit ftpd in pam.d (or pam.conf)
Look in thet dir and read manual pages for ftpd.
There is all you have to do.

--
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Regards to You all from

>I have a W95 machine and a RH5.0Linux machine.
>I can "ping" either of them from the other, just fine.

>...and yet, when I try to FTP into the Linux machine, it
>says:
>ex.
>"FTP 192.168.0.100"
>"Connected 192.168.0.xxx" (hangs here for 30 seconds)
>and never asked for Login or Password!!??
>After the 30 seconds, it says:
>"Connection closed by host."

>What is wrong with this setup?
>Please help.

>Thanks in advance,
>Buck Minster

  Colovic Igor.vcf
< 1K Download

1. NEWBIE ftp / telnet problem

Hi.
I have a problem that is confusing me with my RH8.0 box.
I have a PC running win98 and a PC running Red Hat 8.0 on a network. I
can ping both ways no problem, I can telnet into the linux box from
itself, but no from the 98 box. Same with ftp. tcpdump says the tcp port
not open. Can anyone give me any help? (The boxes are on the same subnet).

2. FTP "reget" function

3. FTP - Telnet problem

4. Are Sun Solaris 2.x and ICL DRS/NX release 6 or 7 binary compatible?

5. Strange FTP/Telnet problems

6. What good is Linux?

7. Apache server ftp/telnet problems

8. Solaris compte root

9. NFS/FTP/Telnet problem: Linux 99pl6 to SunOS4.0.3

10. Strange PPP/FTP/Telnet problem

11. firewall/ftp/telnet problems

12. FTP, Telnet Problems RH6.0 + NT

13. FTP/Telnet problems.