HELP: Connecting Linux (PPP) using PAP to an NT server....

HELP: Connecting Linux (PPP) using PAP to an NT server....

Post by THE Operat » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

My new ISP is using PAP to logon on to their NT server.  I can't seem
to get my linux box to connect....I've look at the man pages on
pppd...and edited the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets...to no avail...If you have
suggestions/hints...please email me. Thanks for your help...

---

1. PPP/CHAP/PAP to an NT server from non-MS client (HELP!)

Please reply directly, as I don't regularly read this group.

I am trying to help a friend get his FreeBSD box to authenticate to
an NT server that is his ISP.  I've heard that Linux can do this.
The NT server is sending me a CHAP algorithm field that is not in
RFC1334, and it drops me if I send a ConfRej for CHAP (instead of
going to PAP).

Any and all help you can offer would be appreciated.  He'd like to do
this for a conference Nov 1-3.  We've been fighting it for weeks now.

Please reply directly, as I don't regularly read this group.
--

                 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services

2. SSH2 Protocol with Kerberos authentication

3. linux ppp to NT server/PAP?

4. Dual Operating systems

5. Connecting via PPP witn a PnP modem to an ISP using PAP

6. Redhat/Netscape Backspace Key Problem

7. Using PAP with kernel PPP to connect to ISP

8. doors in Solaris - new 'IPC' flavour.

9. PPP using PAP "Connect script failed"

10. Strange ppp freezeup during transfers to NT-PAP server ( redhat6.2 client)

11. Q - PPP, PAP, NT server, setup... ANSWER HERE

12. Q - PPP, PAP, NT server, setup...

13. Q - PPP, PAP, NT server, setup... ANSWER HERE