very bad ftp problem

Post by Mark Stol » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

i can login with telent no problem, but when i ftp to the box from my
windows ws_ftp software i get the following results:

the unix listing of files has <esc>[32m filename <esc>[0m on every file

also my procmail scripts fail because of these extra characters added on
 the file names ..

also when is do this   prompt>  ls `ls`
will produce this output:
ls: walid: No such file or directory
ls: walid.res: No such file or directory
ls: walk.dir: No such file or directory
ls: web.mktg: No such file or directory
ls: webinfo: No such file or directory
ls: webstuff: No such file or directory

yet the files are there and when i telnet in and just do an ls,
everything seems fine ....

need help ....

mark

Interworks Corporation
Web Services - Commerce Server - Software Publishing
1412 Milford Chase Court
Marietta, Georgia  30060

ofc & fax: (770) 384-0728

very bad ftp problem

Post by James Youngm » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>i can login with telent no problem, but when i ftp to the box from my
>windows ws_ftp software i get the following results:

>the unix listing of files has <esc>[32m filename <esc>[0m on every file

Yor dir-colors is setup wrong.  Use --color=auto not --color=yes.

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems  The trouble with the rat-race
Before sending advertising material, read     is, even if you win, you're

1. TCP/IP Problem - ftp out==ok, in==bad

Hi,

A couple days ago, I thought I had a samba problem. Now it appears
that I have a general TCP/IP problem. The samba problem was that I
could copy small files to a Samba share easily, but large file
transfers would fail. Going from the Sambe shara to the client (Win95)
is rippin' fast. I can print small files (<4K) and thought I could
print large files, but was mistaken, large files fail to print.

Anyway, here is the situation as it stands...

Using a couple of ethernet cards (NE2000 clones), I wired together two
machines. One Linux 2.0.29 and one Win95 (tried NT as well). A crossover
cable was used (cable was tested BTW).

Using FTP on the Win95/NT machine, I hookup to the Linux machine. I
can ftp _from_ the Linux machine to the Win machine without a
problem, in fact, it's _real_ fast. However, when I try
to put a file from the Win machine onto the Linux
machine, the first 4096 bytes fly (two ##'s), then it
slows to a crawl, and I mean a crawl.

This ftp problem seems to duplicate what I'm seeing with samba.
That's why I think it's a TCP/IP problem, not a samba problem.

My question is; where do I look to figure out this problem? It's
particularly distressing because the transfers OUT of the Linux
machine work great, it's transfers coming in that seem to fail
for anything over about 4k bytes. I'll be more than happy to
post more info/configs, but I'm not real sure what the relevant
info is?!

If this sounds all to familiar to you, I'd love to hear from ya with a
solution! A cc via email would be appreciated - I read the NG daily,
what my ISP gets of it that is. Thanks much in advance,

John

--

Improces for DOS and The UnZip Shell for OS/2 are both free for the
taking. Come and get a copy!

2. Terminal stays active

3. 014 Bad Bad Bad !!! for Linux

4. xclock has wrong time

5. Bad, bad, bad VM behaviour in 2.4.10

6. nroff pl and ll, and .xx macro for ptx?

7. Bad driver...Bad bad driver

8. Linux connect to Exchange Server

9. Bad, bad, bad error...

10. SoftwarBuyLine.com is bad, bad, bad...

11. 'Bad directory components' with ftp

12. FTP bad ip address exported in POST

13. ftp: bad directory components?