can iptables do this?

Post by Eytho » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 14:35:07

I have a problem with a program running inside my local LAN that
communicates with the outside network.  The program is called OKBridge and
it won't let anyone connect to a table I serve (for those familiar with the
program).  I assume OKBridge serves a table by posting an IP/port num pair
on the central server and people then connect to the serving computer on
that port.  Well, the problem is that I cannot have iptables always forward
packets on that port to a local ip because there's more than 1 local client
that needs to be able to serve a table (although, only one at a time) and
the port number is not always the same.

It seems like quite a bit of programs operate this way so someone should
have found a solution already.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eythor

PS:  The gateway is a RedHat 7.0 running a 2.2.16-22 kernel and the clients
are Windows XP and Windows 98.

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Netware for Linux!!!

3. Can't compile without NFS

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. NFS and named pipes

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. X/MWM windows locks up upon logout

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. iptables vs. DoS