Linux networking architecture overview required

Linux networking architecture overview required

Post by Dave » Sun, 20 May 2001 02:00:04

Hello, I am quite new to the Linux networking field although I have been
working in the networking field in general for a few years. Could someone
point me to a diagram or overview which gives a schematic of the Linux
TCP/IP networking stack structure. I am particularly interested in knowing
what the equivalent of the NDIS layer is as used by NT. What are the open
network driver interfaces used under Linux?

Many thanks

Dave W

1. overviews of GUI architectures

does anyone know of any overviews of how GUI's work internally.
preferably something i could download for free.  I was naturally
thinking of X, but i couldnt find any info i could get free- the
opengroup (who controls the X spec) wants to charge $$$$ to download
their lousy pdfs.  i probably only need something general/architectural
anyway.

thanks

jon railsback

2. Swap trouble

3. ANNOUNCE: Linux Networking Overview How-to

4. on Xconfig

5. Linux Network Architecture

6. uninstalling linux

7. A good Networking code overview ?

8. BRU 15.0: No -I option ?!

9. What are difference between Monolithic kernel architecture & Microkernel architecture

10. Advice Required: Cable Modem in mixed Linux/MacOS Network

11. Losing network connect requires that I reboot Linux.

12. Linux Server / Windows Network Setup - Knowledgeable Help / Support required!!!

13. Help required for Linux Installation on a Pentium PCI Network system