wanna be host behind a linux router

Post by Matthia » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,
maybe anyone can help me. My computer is conntected to the www via a
linux router (ip masquerading). The problem is that i cant host a game
for example. Of course, my only connection is the ip adress of the
router. Does anybody now if this problem is solveable? Glad about
suggestions

Matthias

wanna be host behind a linux router

Post by Eugen » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

what game?
which version of kernel are you running?
I know you can use port forwarding to run a web server behind the router,
for example.

Quote:> Hi there,
> maybe anyone can help me. My computer is conntected to the www via a
> linux router (ip masquerading). The problem is that i cant host a game
> for example. Of course, my only connection is the ip adress of the
> router. Does anybody now if this problem is solveable? Glad about
> suggestions

> Matthias

wanna be host behind a linux router

Post by Matthia » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quake for example. Or anything else. Should be able to tell the router that
it has to route every incoming traffic to my local machine. IP adress and
port number i think should be enough.

> what game?
> which version of kernel are you running?
> I know you can use port forwarding to run a web server behind the router,
> for example.

1. no route to host behind linux router.

Hey.

This is from windows machines behind a linux router :

I'm trying to connect to ftp's with other ports than port 21, and when
it comes to list, it says : no route to host

I have a ftp site at port 25, one at port 32 and one at port 4500 that
I want to connect to...

How do I set these ports open ?

I get port 21 ftp, web, irc, ICQ, news, mail to work though...

thnx..

Leif Ringstad
------

2. commapi ports (sun/freebsd), how to get them commited ?

3. counting traffic to individual hosts behind a NAT router using ONLY iptables

4. WANTED: Info on X11 security

5. Apache Virtual Hosting behind a Router....

6. Renaming multiple files

7. HELP: Hosting Domain behind DSL Router to Solve VPN Problem

8. dump and ccd...

9. ip based virtual hosting behind router

10. Webserver behind provider router /local router

11. Access to public host from private host through Linux router

12. Installing a VOIP Router behind a wireless router.

13. How can my users use netmeeting behind my linux router ??