help on cable modem connection

Post by Chongman Ki » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:38:44

I need some help on my cable modem.  I posted days ago, but probably I
did not explain fully.

I used to have RH 7.2 as an internet gateway for my home lan.  Eth0 is
DHCPed from COX cable network via toshiba PCX1100 cable modem.  ETH1 is
for local lan interface (192.168.0.1).  I was able to run IPTABLES with
IP masquerading.

Now I have upgraded to RH80.  Since then, I can not even bring up ETH0
at all. I connected Win XP to the cable modem and it works fine.    So I
am wondering if DHCP client in RH80 or NIC driver is different from RH72.

I have at this moment no clue where to look into.  Can anyone give me an
idea?

Thanks in advance, Chongman

Post by Timo Voipi » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:15:36

> Now I have upgraded to RH80.  Since then, I can not even bring up ETH0
> at all. I connected Win XP to the cable modem and it works fine.    So I
> am wondering if DHCP client in RH80 or NIC driver is different from RH72.

> I have at this moment no clue where to look into.  Can anyone give me an
> idea?

First of all, you could post the make & model of your ethernet cards and
tell us what DHCP software you are using (pump, dhcpcd, dhcpc...)

--

GeekCode ver 3: GU>CC d s-: a--- C++ UL(+)$>+++$ P+>+++ L++(+) E- W++ N++
o? K? w O M- V- PS PE Y+ PGP+ t 5++ X R tv- b++(++++) DI+ D G e- h! r !y

1. HELP, HELP, HELP - Re: ISP Connection thru cable modem

I am now having the exactly same problem with yours.

another dedicated internet account from my ISP.
For Cable Internet, you can ask the cable guy assign
a static IP address for you.  This makes things easiler.
Cable Internet actually install an Ethernet Card into
your computer and connect to Cable Modem(such as CyberSurfer).
If you don't ask them assign a static IP address for you,
you will need to use the DHCPcd to configure your network.

Now, I have big problem.  I tried to install the Cable Modem
into one of my computer on my LAN.  It works, but just only
for the single computer. I can not route the Internet traffic
to Cable Modem.
Now I install the Ethernet Card + Cable Modem to my WebServer.
And I can not make the traffic go through Cable Modem.

If anyone knows how to set this thing up, please!
I would appreciate your help.
Horst Simon wrote?G

2. ASP on Linux - Tell them that we want to see it.

3. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

4. Kernel Debugger and Keyboard Driver Available

5. Cable modem..56 modem dial up, 500K cable modem download stream...

6. SCSI Disk Problems?

7. How can I route to a cable modem connection AND a DSL connection?

8. TRU64/HP-UX Pthreads/aio_xxx ... differences

9. Cable modem/modem connection

10. HELP NEEDED!!! Cable Modem Motorola SURF BOARD connexion

11. Cable Modem Connection - Help Required

12. HELP: Network Connection with serial cable(NULL modem)??