IBM Global Network & Linux PPP (diald/pppd)

IBM Global Network & Linux PPP (diald/pppd)

Post by Arne Varhol » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Have anybody connected Linux to the IBM Global Network ?

I have found a dip script on http://www.ibm.net but I would like
to try to use diald or pppd.

IBM do not use CHAP/PAP and the IP addresses is returned as ASCII
strings before PPP starts.

'pppd' accepts IP addresses as command line paramters, but how do I
transfer them from 'chat'. Is it possible to use the environment ?

Arne

Post by Brian Levit » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Have anybody connected Linux to the IBM Global Network ?
> Arne

Once upon a time, I had Advantis as an ISP, when I first got Warped. I
seem to recall that they only offer a slip connection.

Post by Al Longye » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Have anybody connected Linux to the IBM Global Network ?
>I have found a dip script on http://www.ibm.net but I would like
>to try to use diald or pppd.
>IBM do not use CHAP/PAP and the IP addresses is returned as ASCII
>strings before PPP starts.
>'pppd' accepts IP addresses as command line paramters, but how do I
>transfer them from 'chat'. Is it possible to use the environment ?

It is simple. YOU DON'T.

The IP addresses are actually exchanged in the PPP protocol called IPCP.
This occurs automatically and you don't have to do anything about it.

--

1. connecting IBM global network with pppd-2.3

Hello

I am trying to connect to my ISP  ibm.net. with pppd-2.3.
With pppd-2.2 I had no problems.
I used the scripts given by IBM on the internet and everything worked
ok.
I am trying to configure pppd-2.3 with the same scripts for days now but
no success so far. My modem is hanging up after the connection. Have no
idea why.
After a few sleepless nights I am about to give up.

Please Help??????

Greetings Martijn

2. How good is Alpha as NFS fileserver?

3. ppp pap fails from sco to ibm global network

4. 280R crash with AFT1 errors

5. PPP SCRIPT FOR IBM/ATT GLOBAL NETWORK

6. RH5.2 von CD-ROM-Drive MITSUMI LU005 an SOUNDBLASTER PRO installieren

7. Connecting Solaris to 'IBM Global Network' via PPP

8. how to find out what version of the kernel?

9. HELP: ppp dial-in scripts required for IBM Global Network

10. ppp with IBM Global Network

11. PPP, IBM Global Network, Redhat 5.1

12. KPPP & IBM Global Network ISP problems

13. IBM Global Network on Linux