How do i find out which port numbers a specific application is using on my computer ?

How do i find out which port numbers a specific application is using on my computer ?

Post by Lasse K. Christianse » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:58:29

I know it is a netstat thingy ! but can't seem to find out which one !

Can anyone help me out here !

Christian

Post by signut » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:11:34

> I know it is a netstat thingy ! but can't seem to find out which one !

> Can anyone help me out here !

To see what apps have bound to listening ports you can issue the
netstat -nltp command as root. -n (Numeric), -l (Listening), -t (TCP
connections), -p (Identify Program)

netstat -atp will listen all tcp connections and identify the program as
well.

Consult your man page for other flags as well.

Quote:

--
Sig
Thu Jul  3 17:09:02 EDT 2003

Post by Nick Austi » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:47:57

> I know it is a netstat thingy ! but can't seem to find out which one !

Check out lsof... To find whats listening on port 80 using lsof you would
do 'lsof -i tcp:80'

Good Luck!

How do i find out which port numbers a specific application is using on my computer ?

Post by Bev A. Kup » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:25:01

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:58:29 +0200,

Quote:> I know it is a netstat thingy ! but can't seem to find out which one !

You can try `netstat -ntp` as root.  Alternatively, try using `lsof` or
`fuser`.

Bev

--
Bev A. Kupf