LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests - more info

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests - more info

Post by Celi » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am receiveing this error messagecould anyone give me any pointers or a
place
where I can find information on how to solve this problem.
I have checked in pppdocs and can find nothing mentioned about this.

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Connect appears to be made correctly up to the point where
it would go into ppp mode on my side. I am tryn to kppp to connect.

Below are the logs and script files, I am using.

------------------------------------
(Is in the login script debug window, terminal mode)
CONNECT 38400
login: XXXXXX
Password: XXXXXX
 Entering PPP Mode.
 IP address is XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
 MTU is 1524.

(Is in the PPP-logfile  -minus the system info)
pppd 2.3.7 started by root, uid 0
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Connection terminated.
Connect time 0.9 minutes.
Exit.

(Is in chat-ppp0)
'ABORT' 'BUSY'
'ABORT' 'ERROR'
'ABORT' 'NO CARRIER'
'ABORT' 'NO DIALTONE'
'ABORT' 'Invalid Login'
'ABORT' 'Login incorrect'
'' 'ATZ'
'OK' 'ATDTXXXXXXX'
'CONNECT' ''
'ogin:' 'XXXXXX'
'ord:' 'XXXXXX'
'TIMEOUT' '5'
'~--' ''

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests - more info

Post by rjcoo.. » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I am receiveing this error messagecould anyone give me any pointers
or a
> place
> where I can find information on how to solve this problem.
> I have checked in pppdocs and can find nothing mentioned about this.

> LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

This message is apparently caused by the server at the other end being
slow to respond to LCP requests. Typically the default is for your
client to send up to 10 requests max. You may change in ppp options by
adding a line
lcp-max-configure n  where n is the number of retries.

HOWEVER - the real cause can be something totally different. I have the
same problem with my ISP's server and have not yet found the answer. A
lot of posts to this group suggest that the root cause may be in one of
the scripts ppp uses to log on. So far I have not been able to affirm
or deny that explanation. If you ever find a successful solution,
please let me know.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. pppd fails with: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

18 months ago I managed a ppp connection to a local ISP and it has worked
fine
ever since.  But now I am attempting a connection to unidial.com and I get
this in
the /var/log/messages file:

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Connection Terminated
Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean
Problem:  all had bit 7 set to 0

This is Red Hat 4 Linux

Please email even if you post (I am liable to miss posts until I get used to
IE4 under W95).

Thanks,

2. bos.mp

3. Rehat 4.0 ppp: "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"

4. Ping doesn't like small packets.

5. LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

6. glibc compiling with kernel 2.5.70-bk17

7. PPP - LCP timeout sending Config-Requests

8. Where's the FAQ?

9. PPP Prob - LCP: timeout sending Config-requests

10. pppd -> LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests ???

11. LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

12. LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests (PPP problem?)

13. "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" --- whose fault?