1. SMTP server port maybe being blocked
I cannot seem to setup an SMTP server correctly, or the port is
somehow being blocked, if anybody has any ideas for me, please let me
Here are some facts:
I can telnet into the smtp server when I'm on the linux system by
telnet 127.0.0.1 25
That seems to work just fine, I get the SMTP prompt, like this:
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 my_hostname ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.2/8.11.2; Wed, 23 Jan 2002
But I can't telnet into it from like my windows machine, nor can I
send emails with it using Outlook Express on Windows, it gives me this
error: The connection to the server has failed. Account:
'192.168.1.60', Server: '192.168.1.60', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
By the way, I can't even telnet into it using the servers internal IP
address on the network, like [telnet 192.168.1.60 smtp], it does the
same thing as it does when I try to telnet into it from another
computer on the network! This is what happens:
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
IPTABLES and IPCHAINS aren't running, and I can use POP, HTTP, FTP,
TELNET, and SSH just fine! So I don't how that port is being blocked
between the two computers.
2. Emulate F12 key on a tip session
3. SMTP only listens on host.domain.com:smtp want *:smtp
4. Linux ppp not writing to screen
5. SMTP port 25 -> port ??
6. Which motherboard for OS/2
7. Network Block Device on Fedora FC1
8. Newsreaders for X
9. Strange SSH halting problem between Fedora Core 2/Fedora Core 3
10. update from fedora 4 to fedora 5 removed usb access
11. upgrade fedora 2 to fedora 4
12. Installed Fedora, can't telnet from PC into Fedora machine?
13. Revers DNS, SMTP, am I missing something?