printing

Post by I-O Corporation Employe » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Greetings all

Does any one know how to set you'r Linux system to print over a LAN
rather than to you'r local LTP port. I would presume that it has
something to do with the lprd (print deamon). It would be terrific if
someone could direct me to the proper documentation.

Many thanks in advance

Walter L. Williams

(If you wish to E-mail me don't use the address in the header of this
message, it does'nt work)

printing

Post by Rick W. Purdo » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Greetings all

> Does any one know how to set you'r Linux system to print over a LAN
> rather than to you'r local LTP port. I would presume that it has
> something to do with the lprd (print deamon). It would be terrific if
> someone could direct me to the proper documentation.

> Many thanks in advance

> Walter L. Williams

> (If you wish to E-mail me don't use the address in the header of this
> message, it does'nt work)

In your /etc/printcap entry for this printer you need

  rm=a.b.c.d

where a.b.c.d is the ip address of the printer

printing

Post by Dr. Yuan Li » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Greetings all

> Does any one know how to set you'r Linux system to print over a LAN

Printing-HOWTO knows:-)
--

|         Dr. Yuan Liu           -     Chitech Technologies Inc.  |
+------ 1(514)281-0494   --------------- 1(514)281-0493 (FAX) ----+

1. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

Hey,

I tried to install my HP deskjet 520 under Linux since a long time
but I always have a lot of problems

The last one is that when i start a job linux can't start the daemon
printer but i have followed the HOWTO for the permissions

I search the EXACTLY FILES and the GOODS PERMISSIONS that i have to
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
use and if possible a GOOD FILTER for the HP DESKJET 520 printer
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^^^^^^
(filter to solve the staircase effect )

PLEASE HELP ME -- HELP ME

I hope a lot of GOOD responses via mail only

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL
--------------------

======= http://dico.unice.fr/~plazis    ===========

2. utility to ID cdrom mfr?

3. Printing Printing Printing

4. PPP -> Shiva w/ Dialback HELP !!!!

5. Print, Print, Print.....

6. [CFT] ext2 directories in pagecache

7. Linux Printing to a Linksys Pocket Print Server

8. Linux gateway with a ISDN backup line

9. What TCP port is used for AIX printing to print server via spooler?

10. SunOS 5.2 Print Client and BSD Print Server

11. Help required for printing through Barricade print server.

12. Print Credit Network Printing

13. problem with print to Netware print queue