Zilog 85C30 in LOOP MODE SDLC

Post by Jerome Whel » Mon, 07 Apr 1997 05:00:00

Gentlemen - I could really use some help programming
a ZILOG Z8530 serial comm controller chip....

I am running SDLC loop mode as a slave station
and have captured a poll by setting GAOP bit.
When I transmit a response all is well, loop
communications remains normal.

Occasionally I find I have nothing to transmit
and must pass the poll without activating my
transmitter. Have cleared GAOP bit but chip
transmitter seems to remain active and the
chip no longer repeats received data with a
one bit delay....

Any ideas on how to deactivate transmitter
when a poll has been captured in loop mode
without actually making a transmission?

Thanks,

1. Zilog 85C30 Setup

Greetings

I am new to this group, so if this is either a common question, or the wrong
group, or....... sorry.

I am having trouble getting a Zilog 85C30 configured to run in HDLC mode. I
am wondering if anybody knows where I can find an example of how to get this
running.

Thanks in advance

Lloyd

please note the antispam email address

2. Newbie need Help Again !

3. pci 9052 driver to interface with 85c30 or 82530

4. Also, how do I make the cursor disappear? (ncurses)

5. Zilog 85230 asynchronous serial driver

6. Book on Unix Filesystem ?

7. looping on couplets in for loop?

8. xscreensaver and KDE 2.1?

9. SCSI w/ Zilog chip on Soundman Wave

10. killing a login on Zilog

11. Zilog Z8530 SCC device driver question

12. Zilog System 8000 | Monty Python thread!!!

13. Zilog Z380: an Architecture Worthy of Linux?