Why eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy??????

Post by davi » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy??????
What does that mean?
It will ping loopback
it will ping its own ip (loopback again)
but any outside ips go nowhere.
Any ideas ?

1. the dreaded 'eth0: trigger_send() called with transmitter busy' message

Trying to rejuvenate a 486/66 box with redhat 5.2.

It's a second machine behind a cable-modem router, and the card is an
NE2000 clone (SMC1660BTA) that seemed to work OK with the ancient
version of win95 that was previously on the machine.

Connection-wise, I get a light on the router, and the light on the card
is on.  The router gives out IPs in the 192.168.1.* range via DHCP.
When I run 'ifup eth0', eth0 disappears from ifconfig.  The card itself
is detected at boot and also via pnpdump, and shows up in 'lsmod'.

Running 'ifconfig eth0 up' adds it to ifconfig.

Not sure what other info is relevant, but sure would appreciate any help
resolving this.  I've searched dejanews, and saw a lot of people with
this problem in 1998 and before, but the only guy who seemed to have
solved it posted it on a website that's long since gone, I guess.

Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

JLW

2. Seyon file transfers

3. System Message: eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

4. How to change login shell

5. eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

6. Color xterm with XFree 3.1.2D

7. memory query

8. PLEASE HELP: eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

9. what does eth0: Trigger_send() while transmitter busy mean?

10. NE2000 error:- trigger_send() called with the Transmitter busy

11. trigger_send called with the transmitter busy

12. eth0: trigger_send() & Netscape